☂︎ CHAPTER SEVEN :: please ☂︎

"Seriously? You really called him a monster?" Jungkook lifted his eyebrows up at Jimin, who nodded in response. Jimin told him everything when Jungkook kept pestering him about what happened last night.

"He saved you from being raped, If he was a monster. . . he wouldn't have done that, don't you think?" Jimin shrugged, "I caught him punching his own father till he passed out. His own father!" Jungkook just shrugged, "I believe you should get to know each other before passing judgement." 

"Get to know him?" Jimin looked at his best friend in disbelief, "No, thank you. I'd sooner leap off a cliff than get to know him." Jungkook sighed, "I swear you're both acting like children." 

Jimin rolled his eyes, "Alright, gotta get to class. I'll catch you later, yeah?" Jungkook nodded and they parted ways, Jimin headed to his class and Jungkook headed to his. He was irritated at the prospect of having to see Taehyung today. But, at the same time, he felt glad, since, as Jungkook mentioned, he did save him from the worst things that might have happened to him last night.

At the same time, he saw Taehyung beat his father into crap, which caused Jimin to frown slightly. Was there a rationale behind it?

'Don't talk about things that you are completely unaware of, yeah?'

Taehyung's words from the night before echoed in his mind. Was I too fast to judge?  He raked his fingers through his hair, tugging it up. He sighed and walked to his class. He checked the spot next to his and found it to be vacant. He chewed his lower lip and he walked to his usual spot, ignoring all the comments around him.

Mr Lee strolled in and started his class, but Taehyung was nowhere to be found. Jimin continued glancing at the door, but Taehyung did not show up.  He just wanted to apologize. The animosity for Taehyung lingered, but he was not someone who quickly judges others, and he did just that. Taehyung seems to have the capacity to pull the worst out of Jimin.

He was feeling awful for labelling him a monster when he didn't know the full situation, and he despises feeling horrible, so he simply wanted to apologize and get it off his chest so he could stay away from him as he intended, but it seemed difficult to do when Taehyung didn't even show up.

He sighed and gazed out the window at the tree and the birds fluttering by. It was more entertaining to watch than to pay attention in this idiotic class, "Park Jimin," A groan escaped his lips and he instantly turned his to look at Mr Lee, "Could you please tell me what you're looking at?" 

"Birds," Jimin shrugged, "Will those birds be able to teach you math?" Jimin looked at him boredly, "And where are your books?" 

"At home" 

"And why is it there?" 

"I forgot," Mr Lee glared at him, "Out of the class, Park Jimin" Jimin nodded and smiled before getting his bag and fleeing the classroom. He proceeded to the ground, oblivious to the guy seated on the top step. Jimin took a seat on the first step.

"At this rate, I may think you are stalking me, Park Jimin." Jimin jumped due to the sudden voice behind him, He turned around to find Taehyung sitting on the fourth step, "Seriously? Do you always appear in front of me so you could piss me off?" Taehyung stared blankly at Jimin who was shocked before he stood up, fully facing Taehyung, "Hey! what are you doing here?!" 

"What are you doing here?" Jimin rolled his eyes, "Mr Lee threw me out of the class" Taehyung placed his folded arms on his lap, leaning forward,  "Even Mr Lee can't stand you. You really have a talent to piss people off." 

"And you have a talent for being an asshole," Jimin sniggered. Taehyung smirked, "Have you ever been told that your comebacks are stupid?" Jimin pointed his finger at Taehyung, "Stop talking! Your voice irritates me!" Taehyung shrugged, "Not my fault that you get pissed off very easily." 

"You know what, Kim Taehyung? I was about to apologize to you since I believed I was being unfair to you last night, but never mind! You are the biggest moron I have ever met." Taehyung sniggered, "Please don't make me laugh. Do you really believe your comments have an impact on me? Not a bit, Park Jimin. I've been told worse." 

With that, Taehyung rose up to leave, leaving Jimin perplexed as to what he meant by 'I've been told worse'. Taehyung jumped down the stairs and began strolling on the ground. Jimin had no idea what was going through his mind as he spoke the next words.

"Thanks for saving me last night."

Taehyung came to a halt, plainly understanding what he's talking about, "Don't feel special. I would have done the same if it had been someone else in your place. I may be cold, but I'm not heartless" He said without turning around, and continued to walk away, leaving Jimin alone with his thoughts, processing everything Taehyung just told him. 

-- ☀︎︎ --

Taehyung came out that evening to get groceries. He tapped his foot on the pavement while he waited to cross the street. However, his eyes widened when he noticed a raven-haired guy crossing the street. He turned his gaze away from the person and onto the racing car toward him, "Excuse me! Watch out!" 

He screamed on the top of his lungs and dropped the bags down before sprinting toward the guy and pushing the guy out of the way. The raven-haired male fell to the ground with a groan. He raised his head to see the blonde being run over by the car. Taehyung's body flew backwards, and he landed with a loud thump, his blood pooling on the road.

The raven-haired guy began to freak out, and a throng gathered around him, but his focus was on the man who had saved him but had been run over instead. He sprang to his feet and dashed toward Taehyung, "Hey-" His eyes bulged open when he saw the guy face, who was lying unconscious on the ground, his face bleeding badly, his shirt drenched in blood.

"T-Taehyung. . .?" Jimin looked down at Taehyung, "Taehyung saved me. . ." he mumbled as he slouched down, "Hey, Taehyung, wake up! What the hell? Why would you do that?" but there was no movement on his body. He looked at the crowd, "Someone, call the ambulance please!" 

________

1116 words

A/N: Note that Taehyung doesn't know that guy is Jimin.

Edited.