☂︎ CHAPTER FORTY TWO :: over ☂︎

"Taehyung?" Jimin called out. Taehyung hummed in reply as he kept his focus on the road, "Are you okay?" Taehyung looked at him and nodded, "Yeah, why won't I be?" Jimin crossed his arms against his chest, "Because you keep sighing every 50 seconds. What's going on in that head of yours?"

Taehyung sighed as he reached out for Jimin hands, noticing it,  Jimin clasped his hands in his, "I just want all this to be over. Every second, I feel scared that something is going to happen. Even if I don't see you for a second, I'm starting to freak out that Dae hyun did something to you and I don't want to let you out of my sight but at the same time I don't want to be a clingy boyfriend." He admitted genuinely. Jimin heart broke hearing how much Taehyung is stressing over this. 

"Taehyung," He tightened his hold on his hands, "Take a deep breath." Taehyung looked back at the road but did what Jimin instructed him to do without arguing, "If you stress this much, what will happen to your heart?" He spoke, concern lacing his voice, "It'll be over soon enough. I'm going to be okay. He can't touch me. You want to know why? Because I'm Park Jimin. You told me that I can do anything back in the railway station, remember?" Jimin chuckled slightly, "I can do anything that means I can also protect myself in case anything happens. Just like you, I'm not a quitter."  

Taehyung smiled slightly, as he pulled out his hands from his grasp and ruffled Jimin hair, "Of course, you are my little fighter." Jimin swatted his hands away, "I'm not little!" Taehyung chuckled, "okay then you are cute," Jimin raised his eyebrows, "Look at the road, you idiot! Are you trying to get us killed?" Taehyung looked at the road. Jimin looked out of the window biting his lips, holding back a small smile. 

He despises the fact that he's always smiling while he's around Taehyung, but he also loves it; he enjoys the sense of being happy. His heart constricted as he remembered how close he came to losing Taehyung the day before. All he actually wants is to return to their usual life, which will only happen if Dae hyun goes down. Taehyung was worried about Jimin's safety, but Jimin was concerned about Taehyung since he knows Taehyung will do anything to keep him safe, even risking his own life. All Jimin can hope for is that Taehyung does nothing stupid.

After 15 minutes, Taehyung pulled the car over in front of Jimin house, "Alright. . . I'll go. Text me after you reach home, yeah?" Taehyung nodded, "Call me if something happens, even if you find something suspicious, got it?" Jimin smiled, "Yes sir." He saluted, playfully earning an eye roll from the younger as Jimin got off the car and waved at Taehyung, "Go in." Jimin sighed, knowing Taehyung won't go until he sees he got inside safely, so he didn't protest and turned around and stepped in, glancing at him one last time before closing the door behind him.

He heard the car engine start up and drive away. He groaned and tossed his stuff onto the sofa. His mother is working late tonight and will return just at 8 p.m., leaving him alone till then. He reached for the TV remote to switch it on, but the doorbell rang several times before he could do so. Jimin groaned as he rose from the sofa and walked to the door to see who it was.

"Who is it?" He asked, but he got no reply, but instead they kept ringing the doorbell, "Jeez, I'm opening." He groaned and opened the door, only to be shoved back, a knife pressed in his throat. His eyes widened when he saw a guy closing the door after him, "Well, Jimin, we've finally met." Jimin gulped as he looked at the guy with fearful eyes, "I'm Kim Dae hyun, pretty sure you heard about me, but I'm not here for bonding." He said, as he pressed the knife harder on Jimin neck, blood slightly gushed out from the small cut. 

Dae hyun pushed Jimin against the wall, who let out a small hiss. He looked at Dae hyun, "Why are you doing this. . .?" A small laugh escaped Dae hyun lips, "Why am I doing this?! You killed my brother!" Jimin scoffed, "I didn't, but I wish I had because he deserves it after what he put Taehyung through!" Dae hyun kicked Jimin on his stomach, "Shut up!" Jimin closed his eyes, holding his stomach, his face scrunching into pain.