☂︎ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN :: better ☂︎

"Hyung. . .?" Nine-year-old Taehyung called out when he caught his brother, zipping his bags, "A-Are you l-leaving. . .?" a small sigh escaped his brother lips and turned to the little guy, "I'm sorry, Taehyung - I c-can't do this anymore. . ."

"What are you-" Taehyung was cut off when the raven-haired male pulled him in his arms, "i l-love you, always remember that, yeah?" tears started rolling down from the younger eyes as his brother pulled away and grabbed his bag and ran out, and Taehyung ran after him, "Hyung!! Don't g-go!!" He cried, but the raven-haired male kept running.

Taehyung slipped and fell on the ground, and blood began to trickle from his knees. He screamed in pain and pressed his knees to his chest, sobbing his heart out. He managed to stand up, ignoring the discomfort, but his brother had already left. 

"No! Hyung! Come back please!" He cried helplessly, "D-Don't leave me al-alone i-in th-this hell - please. . . D-don't leave me!!" He cried out and looked at the empty road. Tears cascaded down his cheeks.

"Taehyung! Wake up!" Jimin shouted as he shook the male next to him who was thrashing and screaming the words 'don't leave me', "Taehyung please, you are scaring me. Wake up!" He shook Taehyung one more time. Taehyung eyes flew open and sat up on his bed, panting, looking around.

Jimin turned to his side and turned the lap on before sitting up properly. Taehyung closed his eyes tightly and his breath came out as short gasps. A frown formed on Jimin lips when he noticed Taehyung struggling to breathe, so without hesitation, he did what he was best at - comforting. 

Jimin slowly reached his hand up and placed it on Taehyung shoulder. Taehyung flinched slightly before looking at Jimin with feared eyes that broke Jimin heart, but soon, Taehyung relaxed under his touch after realizing it was just Jimin. The elder could see the relief that was flooding on Taehyung eyes. Jimin took that as a sign and circled his arms around Taehyung neck and pulling him into a tight hug.

Taehyung instantly wrapped his arms around Jimin's waist and buried his face in Jimin's shoulder, his eyes securely shut. For the first time in his life, he allowed himself to be comforted. He allowed himself to be vulnerable for one night, although knowing he'd regret it the next morning. Jimin carded his palm on Taehyung's hair, muttering, 'come back to the present, Taehyung,' 'everything is alright,' 'I got you,' 'I'm here,' 'You are okay.'

Jimin softly twirled his fingers through his hair and spoke sweet nothing into Taehyung's ears, gradually relaxing the youngster. Taehyung's breath eventually evened out, but Jimin refused to let go. It felt pleasant for some reason to be holding Taehyung in his arms. Taehyung's warm breath landed in the crook of his shoulder, increasing his heart rate.

The realization struck Taehyung like a lightning strike. He instantly opened his eyes and untangled his arms from Jimin, making the elder to do the same. Both the males stared at each other with widened eyes, "I. . . " Jimin trailed off and Taehyung tugged on his lips, "I'm sorry, Jimin. I didn't mean to. . ." 

"No, no, no! I hugged you, I should be the one to say sorry. . ." Jimin chuckled awkwardly and Taehyung stared up at him. His lips pleaded with him to tell Jimin that it was his hug that made him feel better, but instead he held back from doing so because he knew that would make everything more awkward than it already is, "I. . . need fresh air. I'm sorry for waking you up," Before Jimin could say anything, Taehyung got off the bed and walked out of the room.

"You made him uncomfortable, you dumbass." Jimin slapped himself. He sighed, and touched his red tinted cheeks, "Why the hell do I feel hot?" He grabbed the AC remote from the night stand and increased the temperature, "Probably because of the weather."

Meanwhile, Taehyung walked into the hotel rooftop. A sigh escaped his plump lips as he walked to the railing. He inhaled deeply and returned his gaze to the city in front of him. His thoughts turned to his brother, who abandoned him eight years ago.

His heart tightened at the thought of his brother. As much as he wants to hate his brother for leaving him, he couldn't because he knows he was also suffering, the only difference is that his brother was just done with it and ran away while Taehyung got used to his life.

Until his brother was with him, he always protected him at all costs. He was abused, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been, since his brother always took the hits for him. Taehyung would always cry and ask his brother to stop protecting him, but his brother refused, and he continued to protect Taehyung as much as he could until he became exhausted and left.

The only person he had left was his mother, who had become his hope, therefore Taehyung constantly protected his mother from being attacked, just as his brother had previously protected him. There was only one difference: Taehyung didn't get tired of it.

But when his mom died a year back, He was left with nothing but with only pain, and a broken heart. He grew numb to the pain that he craved when his father hit him sometimes because he desperately wanted to feel something, anything, even if that's pain.

A small sigh left his lips, "Wherever you are. . . I hope you are okay, hyung."

-

1085 words.

Edited.