Chapter 41

"Eve, can you place the red flowers by the entrance? By the bottom of the stairs please?" Kate said before rushing off.

"Umm okay?" I grabbed a vase before walking towards the door trying to keep myself from tripping, and trying to avoid the scurrying omegas around me. Everyone was running around by Alpha Grey's orders. Lash was returning from wherever he'd run off to. Ariel asked her father for permission to throw him a welcome home party and he agreed. He told the omegas that for this party Ariel was in charge and whatever she says goes, and not to disturb him. Also Lash's birthday was in two days. He was gonna become Alpha in two days and everyone was in high spirits. This morning Ariel ordered that most of the omegas be front and center at 5 a.m sharp to begin preparations for the party tonight. I had school but being the future Beta's best friend I was kind of forced to be here. If I tried to skip she would have come and dragged me by my hair.

Placing the vase down on the staircase near the others I sighed and dragged a hand through my hair. I was extremely tired and still confused. Hunter had been ignoring my calls and texts. The last thing I remembered was him supposedly picking me up from the plaza. Then heading home. There was something that I wanted to remember; like a hole in my memory, but I simply couldn't figure out what it was. My only answer would be Hunter. Walking into the kitchen to get the second vase I froze when I heard a crash from the living room.

"What the hell!? Look at this mess! Girls, a little grace please?" I sighed as I heard Ariels annoyed voice. Following her voice I entered to find Penelope and Grace shuffling around with a broom and pan. In the center Ariel looked on a clipboard in her hand and a smile on her face. She was always a great party planner. Just like her mother. All the same I knew her real joy was that her twin was coming home today. Those two were closer than anyone I knew and being away from him for so long hurt her. She was more than happy to have her brother back.

"Girls please, finish this up and then go fetch Kate and help her with the streamers. Also find Courtney since she volunteered to help and you girls can pick out a dessert." They giggled as they finished the sweeping before running off. Ariel laughed.

"Children." She muttered.

"Don't you think your taking this in charge thing a little too far?" I asked walking over.

"No." She looked up from her clipboard and smiled. "It's just enough. Without me no work would get done." Now THAT made me laugh.

"Ariel, seriously you need to loosen the reigns a bit."

"We aren't horses, Eve. We're wolves. Now did you pick out a banner like I asked you to?"

I groaned because I knew I'd forgotten something. She gave me a disapproving look. "I'm sorry; I'm sorry! I'll do it later."

"LATER!?" She gasped. "No no no no no, what later? No now! Eve, this has to be done." She sighed. "This needs to be perfect."

"And it will be." I walked over and placed my hands on her shoulders. "Our future Alpha deserves perfection." I couldn't help the sarcastic tone in my voice. "Now I have to go. There's this little things that's called SCHOOL that I've got to go to." Grabbing my bag from the sofa I smiled at her. "You should try it sometime."

She smirked. "Ha ha. Fine go ahead your dismissed but I need you to come back here afterward. I need your help choosing an outfit." I rolled my eyes as I walked out.

'What are best friends for?' I thought happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'The answer is C.'

I scoffed and shook my head.
'That's cheating.' I thought at her. 'How do you know that!?'

'Honey, I've been around a long time. I've seen a lot. Have had kids. Took one in.' She said and it made me smile. 'I've done my turn in school, but sadly I have to be brought along with you. So again the answer is C.'