Chapter 22

"RIIIIING"

I sighed.

'I don't know which is worse. The school bell or coach's whistle.' I walked out of the classroom to my locker. 'I've got a headache.'

I put my books away and grabbed what I needed as fast as I could. The sooner I get out of here the better. My motto everyday people! I closed my locker only to see an ashamed looking Ariel slowly walk up.

"Hey." She said quietly rubbing her neck awkwardly.

"HEY!?" I yelled slamming my locker door. "After that entire scene in the lunchroom, putting me in that dumb situation, and then disappearing the whole day all you can say to me is HEY!?"

She cringed at my anger.

"Well..?" I growled. "No hey. Goodbye." I walked around her.

"Eve, I'm sorry okay! I let my wolf get the best of me."

I scoffed and turned to face her. "Don't apologize to me, apologize to Hunter, and then your brother. You made both of you guys a laughing stock. People are talking."

She nodded ashamed. "I know. I deserve it. But.."

"But what!?" I yelled. "Beta's don't act like that!" She threw her hands up in frustration.

"Don't you think I know that!? I know what I've done and how insecure of me it was to do it." She sighed angrily. "But you have no right to yell at me and tell me that I'm not gonna be a good beta."

"I didn't. Those are your words not mine." She gasped.

"What is the matter with you!?" She yelled.

"You, Ariel. Your behavior back there was unbelievable. Almost like you couldn't believe that Hunter would even speak to me."

She stayed quiet and that's when it dawned.

"It's because that's the truth. Am I right?" She stayed silent.

"Is that the truth, Ariel?" She sighed. "GODDAMMIT ANSWER ME!"

"YES! Is that what you wanna hear!? Okay, yes I'll admit I was jealous that he was more interested in you than in me when he doesn't even know you! Alright!"

I growled. "That's sick."

"Oh is it now? I'm a beta with a title. Not to mention an Alpha child, while you.. You..." She didn't finish.

"Go on.. Say it! You know you always wanted to."

"You're NOTHING!"

I sucked in a tight breath. 'Ouch. I know I told her to say it but I didn't think it would hurt that bad.'

"Yes, Ariel. Believe it or not your not the first person to tell me that." Her eyes held sorrow and slight tears. "I know your above me and always will be, but this NOTHING upstaged you and you can't handle it!"

Her eyes softened and I saw a tear slip and fall. "Eve, I'm.."

I held up a hand stopping her. "No forget it. I don't even wanna know anymore. Go find your friends now."

"You are my friend!" She yelled.

"Really? Cause you just told me I was a burden and competition. If your a friend then who needs friends." She gasped and took a step back. I didn't say anything more. I turned and walked away, leaving my only friend behind.

Grabbing my punch card I stepped out into the sunshine. It seemed to mock me. The sunny day when it should be raining cause something is just wrong. I looked behind me to find Ariel hugging Emily and then walking off together. I growled and then I ran. I ran and ran all the way to the barn. I threw my bag down and sat on the edge of my makeshift bed and cried. I couldn't believe that Ariel said those things to me. I couldn't believe I had said what I did to her. I was so upset with myself and even sadder cause I was pretty sure I had just lost my only friend. I placed my head in my hands. I heard footsteps but ignored it.