Chapter 44 (part 2)

I tried to open my eyes but my body didn't respond. In the haze I could hear the soft varied voices around me and I struggled to make it clearer. I heard Lash's yelling at Beta Scott, and Danielle's voice close to my ear.

"Eve, can you hear me?" She asked gently. "Your fine, and ignore the boys." She gripped my hand.

"I'd be very careful what your next words are." Lash's furious voice threatened. Now I'm sure he was talking to Beta Scott. "Your on thin ice."

"I'm done, Alpha."

"Good!"

'Why isn't our mate more concerned with us!' Avery wondered.

"BOYS!" Danielle snapped. "A girl is passed out on the floor!"

'Thank you someone who gets it!'

"I'm done with this. If you don't see how crazy this is, Alpha then I'm not gonna argue. Just wait till the others hear and you'll have bigger things to worry about." Beta Scott stated. "Danielle we're done here. Let's go."

"No."

"No?" He growled angrily. I was actually scared for her. "What do you mean no?"

"You and my daughter may be disrespectful, but I'm not. My Luna is passed out and I'm staying here to help her."

"We are going home."

"I'm staying." She growled.

"Fine then, but don't even think about coming back tonight." He snapped before I heard the door open and slam closed. I felt her hand tighten around mine and she sucked in a tight breath.

"Danielle, I'm so sorry for this." Lash said. I could hear his voice on the other side of me. "You can stay at the pack house."

"Thank you, Alpha. That means so much."

"I can take care of her..."

"No, Alpha. I'm happy to help. Especially to show how sorry I am for my family's behavior. I know you two will make great Alpha's for the pack."

"Thank you." He said. I felt myself being picked up before I drifted under again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Helloooo?" Danielle said when she saw my eyes searching the room. "Hello Luna. How are you feeling?" She asked as she placed her hand on my forehead. "You don't feel warm."

"Eve, please. Where am I?" I asked seeing the unfamiliar room. "What are you doing here?"

"Your in Alpha Lash's room. He had some Alpha Business to attend to, but he didn't want to leave you so I offered to watch over you until you woke." She smiled gently. "Can I get you anything?"

"Beta Danielle you don't have to do this." I struggled to push myself into a sitting position.

"Really Luna; it's no trouble." When I glared at her she giggled. "I'm sorry, Eve." She corrected.

"Can I get a glass of water maybe?" I asked holding my forehead. "What happened?" I asked after she handed it to me; taking a sip. She told me how I'd been overwhelmed and most likely had a small anxiety attack during the end of the meeting. She told me I had fainted.

"Yea, I seem to be doing that a lot lately." I grumbled embarrassed. "I'm sorry you had to see that, and I'm sorry you had to be in the middle of that."

She looked confused. "Well my family was involved. What do you mean?"

"I mean that you had to chose between your mate and me. That shouldn't be. I'm sorry your mate kinda," I swallowed feeling guilty. "Kicked you out."