Chapter 47

"That's one Starbucks coffee for you and one for me." I smiled at Rose as we tapped our cups together before taking a sip of the deliciousness. I sighed in content feeling myself relax and Rose smiled. It been a week since the whole Ava encounter and I was going to do something today that I was afraid I would regret. I finally got Hunter and Ryder to agree to let me go talk to Lash. He needed to know the threat that was coming and if we could help him who were we to keep the information to ourselves. I hadn't even seen Lash let alone speak to him since the rejection. That's why I've been putting this off. Would he even listen to me? I don't know, but I knew I had to try.

"I feel like I'm missing something!" Ralph yelled as he ran through the kitchen making Rose chuckle. "I'm missing something. What am I missing?!"

"Ralph, calm down." I laughed.

"Yes dear. Everything will be alright. She's doing fine."

"I know." He sighed as he sat down putting his head down on his arms. "I just want to be the first one she sees when she wakes up."

"And you will be." Rose smiled before handing him a bag. "There's a sandwich in there and the doctor said when she wakes she can have soup so there's some in there for her." She glared. "For her. Not you." I chuckled.

"Message received." He smiled before turning to me. "See you there later?"

"Positively." I said before he ran out the door.

"BE CAREFUL DEAR!" Rose yelled after him and I shook my head. I was so happy for Ralph.

He was on his way to see Rita. Thanking the moon goddess; Ryder and Haven managed to get her back to the pack house and to the pack doctor in time. She went immediately into surgery and they managed to get the bullet out of her stomach. She lost a lot of blood and the bullet skimmed some of her vital organs. She would have died if we waited a second longer. During the operation sometime the pack doctor said she went into a clear shock coma. She was moved into a visitor room two days ago and Ralph hadn't left her side. He only came back this morning to shower and get a new pair of clothes. The doctor called and said her vitals look good and that she could be waking up today. I've never seen Ralph so happy.

I looked at Rose to see her looking through room designer magazines. During these days Rose had contractors come in and put a wall in the guest room to divide it in two. The twins would be staying with us for now and Rose thought they would want a room of their own, but not too far knowing them. I was more than happy to have them stay. They were becoming like family to me.

'I hate to interrupt this but we've got an ex mate to deal with.' Avery said whimpering. I flinched thinking about Lash. 'Can we please just get this over with? I can't believe I'm saying it but for once I don't want to see my son, but since I don't have a choice lets do it.'

'I don't want to do this anymore than you do.' I thought back.

'Then why do it? We can handle this on our own.'

'You know that's not true.' I snapped at her. When she didn't answer I continued. 'Like I said I don't want to see Lash anymore than you do. But my family is in danger. Ava proved that to mess with her is a bad idea and that she will stop at nothing to get what she wants.'

'Which is an old crown. Why the hell does she want it so much! It's a piece of metal!'

'I don't know, but I'm not about to risk Rose's safety for a piece of metal.'

"Eve?" I blinked and was brought back to the present when Rose called me. "You were miles away. Something on your mind?"

I sighed. "I had another dream last night." This was true and better than telling her the alternative and making her worry.