Chapter 49

"Well well. Look who finally decided to show up." I growled as I watched Ava step into the clearing flanked by two huge males in their wolf form. "Didn't think you were actually gonna show, Eve. It so good to see you again, and Hunt. You seemed to have recovered from the last time I saw you. Hope that hangover treated you well." She smirked while the others chuckled.

She looked amazingly beautiful in her black leather pants and black crop top. Her brown hair was in a side plaited braid and she had a eagle necklace around her neck. She had on a black leather jacket and brown combat boots. Again I noticed the hilt of the blade next to her ankle. Her green eyes were bright in the dark clearing the light of the moon showing the silver flecks in them.

"Let's skip the formalities shall we, Ava. Their so dull and frankly quite boring." I snapped.

"Oh that's not the way things work. I'm trying to be a lady and every respectable lady knows that first appearances are key." She smiled at me.

Hunter and Ryder growled and snapped their teeth at our opponents. Ryder was a huge chocolate brown wolf with one white stocking on his front left leg. His eyes shone deep brown, and with his teeth bared I would have thought twice about messing with him. But these seekers apparently didn't fear anything.

"I must say you did catch me by surprise when I heard of your negotiation plans."

"Oh is your hanging deer heart a way of thanking us?"

She laughed. "Oh thank goodness you got my message. Just think of it as us RSVPing our arrival." She chuckled. "Now, does anyone have anything more to say before this meeting starts?" She turned around to the males behind her. I shook with fear when I heard some howls and growls coming from the trees behind her. "I don't want any interruptions." She demanded.

'More rouges. Great.' Avery snarled.

"No? Nothing? Good." She turned back and smiled.

"Who are your friends?" I asked.

"Oh, where are my manners." She pretended to be surprised. "This is Olly and Jason. The rest are just friends. My pack to be exact." Some more growls and snarls.

"Nice to meet you." I grumbled and waved at the two, but jumped when one of them barked at me.

"Seekers aren't really people persons, sweetie." I growled at the patronizing nickname.

"I'm not really a seekers person." I said back. Hunter rumbled as if he was laughing. When Ava growled at me Hunter stepped closer.

"So what are we negotiating? Where's my crown?"

"That's what we're negotiating." I said. "I don't want or need to know why you want that piece of junk so badly." Hunter whined at me.

'Sorry, I meant to get her with that one. I didn't mean that.' I thought at him before turning back to Ava.

"That's your business and I don't wanna know what goes on in your sick twisted mind." She smirked as if that was a compliment. "You want the crown? Fine. Who's to say that once you get it you don't burn down our pack house too."

"Oh yea. That was fun. Ryder please give my condolences to your girlfriend." She said. "Congrats on the baby by the way? I know it's sudden, but don't worry. The females do most of the work."

Ryder whined and laid down placing his head in his paws. Hunter snarled at Ava as he walked over and nudged Ryder with his nose. "Was that really necessary?" I growled at her.

'How did she know?'

"Hey the truth hurts doesn't it." She chuckled. "As parents always say the hardest job in the world is being a parent. They may be small, but a baby can and will take you down." She smirked. "Now as for the whole will I burn down your pack house after I get what's mine? Well it's really a little too soon to tell." She shrugged. "I usually promise my guys something at the end. They work so hard and they deserve a little fun."