Chapter 4

I wake from my bed and turn to look at the clock. I am shocked to see that it is 10 am. I know that I have over-slept. Today is the day that Aaron should be coming back from jail. I wanted to get up early to enjoy my last hours of being a free woman. He should be arriving at home at any moment. I get out of bed filled with heaviness. Yesterday I had made several points to go outside to try to get the attention of Ville to apologize. But the one time that I seen him outside he didn't even look at me. 

I go into the front room and turn my radio on. I put in a bloodhound gang "Hefty Fine" CD hoping that it will lift my spirits with the upbeat music. I switch the song to an upbeat song and turn the radio up. I go around the house dancing around. Still thinking of Ville and wishing that Aaron was out of the picture. I put on the clothes that I will be wearing for that day. I dance my way back into the front room and lay down on the couch as the song "Something Diabolical" is playing. This is one of my least favorite songs because it just seems to be such a drag and low key.

I lay on the couch and close my eyes picturing the music that is playing. I get to the first chorus. I am glad to see that the lead in the band has now become a lead singer. With all of his other music it seems that he goes on just talking. But to be honest with a sweet voice like that I begin to wonder if he is homosexual. I hear the front door open up. I pay no attention to it since Aaron is due home right now anyway. I lay there continuing to listen to the music and begin to hear someone in the room singing along. I know that it could not be Aaron because he could never carry a note. 

I open my eyes and see Ville standing in front of me singing. He sings all the way to the end and finishes it off. He sounds just like the lead singer on the CD. He must have practiced that a lot to get it to sound that close. 

My heart takes flight and again I am caught and tangled up in him. I jump to my feet and turn off the radio. He watches me get up and gazes at me when I stand in front of him.

"That was really good." I cheer, still taken away from his beautiful voice.

"I am glad that you liked it" he gulps.

"How long did you practice to make yourself sound like the lead singer in the band. It must have taken you months to get your voice that high." I inquire.

"That is me. I am the one that sings the chorus to this song." he informs me as he sings it again without the music helping him out. As he sings he lifts his hand and gently caresses my cheek. I close my eyes drinking in his touch. Wanting more but also wanting to keep him at arms length.

I listen to him sing the words of the song and die a little from the thoughts that I had about it before I knew it was him and the fact that I just accused him to his face of practicing it to sound like the singer of the band. But then again why would he be living here if he did something like that? Anyone with vocal lessons could probably claim that they are the one that did the vocals on that song. 

"What the fuck is this," Aaron's voice thunders behind us, making us jump. Ville and I turn around to face Aaron head on.

"Don't worry about it," I banter back.

"You two are about to fuck aren't you? Both of you have been fucking while I am gone... I cant believe you Lucy! Why would you want to hurt me like that! What have I ever done to you," Aaron yells, getting more and more angry with each passing second. 

"I am not having this argument with you right now. I want you to leave! Leave me alone," I quake.

"What... so I can just go and let him fuck my girlfriend," Aaron screams.

I look over at Ville who is watching us intently and silently. I wonder if he is just going to let me fight my battle with Aaron and just step in if it gets physical. I look back at Aaron and see the fire in his eyes. The hate that seems like it comes straight from hell burning straight into my skull.