Chapter 5

Ville and I walk upstairs to my apartment. I don't know what to say to him or how he will take anything that I have to say. I decide to say nothing at all. I watch as he walks in front of me and memorize the way that his body moves. 

I step around the broken door parts scattered haphazardly around the ground and step into my front room. Everything that is happening right now has come on so sudden. Last week I was going on with my everyday abusive relationship. Today it is like I am torn between what I know and who I want to be with. Being around Ville has made me feel like I am on top of the world. I have never known of love be something like this. I do know that there was once a time where Aaron set my heart on fire, but the fire soon after was smothered out by his hate. 

I walk into the front room and look around the apartment seeing all the destruction that was caused by the fighting that I over looked before. I notice a couple of holes in the walls and my TV is laying on the ground. I look up at Ville and see his innocent face. His green eyes looking back at me. I can't let him go through this and it is better that I just end it now than to have him fight someone every few days and almost go to jail.

"Ville, I can't do this anymore. You deserve better than me. I know that you would not want this type of life, and staying around me will only lead to destruction," I blurt out being honest with him and myself.

"Through life I have found that the best things that you have in your life are the things that you have to fight the most for," Ville remarks with fire blazing in his eyes.

"I can't allow you go on fighting like this. I am bad news," I insist.

"Last time that I have checked I make my own decisions. Even if you didn't allow me to do anything doesn't mean that I wont do it," he responds, putting emphasis on the word allow.

"Aaron is what I know. I don't know anything outside Aaron's world. Aaron is the only man that I have let fully into my world. I have only known you for a couple of days and already you are turning my world upside down. I know that Aaron will get out and smack me around for what just happened. I would rather stop this now than to keep digging myself a deeper hole," I express to Ville.

"Why don't we fix your front door and talk about this further over dinner tonight," Ville asks.

I nod my head and we begin to clean the floor and put the door back up.

Ville leads me into the seafood establishment. His arm wraps tightly around my body. We walk inside the building and sit at our table. Ville opens up a menu and starts to read through it. I stare at him as he focuses. Watching how his eyebrows furrow the more he reads. 

I pick up my menu and start to look it over. The waiter steps to our table and asks for our order. Ville order a shrimp plate, I order grilled salmon with mango salsa, and Ville orders a bottle of chardonnay from the wine list. The waiter takes our order and walks off. I start to shuffle around, getting nervous due to this date atmosphere. I settle down and look at Ville who looks amused by me. A lock of his hair hangs down in front of one of his eyes and his eyes flicker with charm.

"So you were saying..." he trails off trying to catch the conversation that we were having before we started to work together and repair the front door.

"I am bad news. If I were you I would steer clear of me. I think that you are a wonderful man but I would feel bed if you were hurt in this whole thing," I spill out.

Ville re-positions himself to a more comfortable position, "And what if I tell you that I like the hunt?" 

"I would say that this hunt is a dangerous one that the odds are not in your favor."