Chapter 17

Ville holds my hand tightly as we walk up to the front entrance of the hospital. At this point I am on edge and full of fear. I can not get the thought that Aaron had something to do with this out of my head. I have mixed feelings about coming and visiting with Risto. It is not because I don't want to. If this were any other time and place I would have been the one to drop everything that I am doing to come and visit him. But I am in fear that somehow something will lead up to Aaron and I will know that he is the one that is haunting me, trying to get to everyone that I care about to try to hurt me.

I look at Ville and cant help but to wonder if he might think that it is Aaron as well. Ville has not said anything and his eyes don't give anything away either. I know that if I was in his shoes I would have jumped at Aaron on the first guess of who did this to Risto. I stay silent because I feel responsible for all of this. The overwhelming feeling that Aaron has everything to do with this and I am the root cause, puts my nerves on high alert.

Ville and I walk through the main entrance doors of the hospital. We walk straight for the elevators and go to the 4th floor. Ville walks faster as we near room 419, but all I want to do is stop and catch up with my thoughts before going into the room.

When we enter the room I want to fall to the ground crying as soon as I see Risto on the bed. Both of his arms are in casts, starting from his hands and all the way up to his shoulders. His fingers looked like various shades of red and purple and swollen to beat hell. There was wrapping on his head, covering up most of his hair. He has two black eyes, his nose looks pretty banged up, and he has a busted lip. His face looked like he was so sad. My heart goes out to him and I wish that I could take all of his pain away.

Bam and Missy are seated in a couple of chairs that are placed right by Risto's bedside. Bam looks at us as soon as we enter the room. I almost want to hide behind Ville when I see the fury in Bam's eyes. I wonder if Bam is mad at us for what happened to Risto? I wonder if Bam is going to yell at me? I feel that I deserve everything that I get if he does yell at me. Bam sits there looking at us in silence. As the time passes without so much as one word escaping Bam's lips I begin to think that it is clear that he does blame us for everything that has happened. I close my eyes, afraid to see Bam with the mad look in his eyes and Risto that looks like he had been hit by a car, I await the yelling soon to come.

"Nobody knows who did this" Bam's voice broke the awkward silence, "They ran a rape test on him since they found out that he had been roofied... Do you want to know what they had to check to run that rape test on him?"

I thought for a moment about the question that Bam asked, but it did not take me long to think of the answer. I feel like shit, I feel lower than shit. I feel like the lowest life-form on the planet for causing all of this. I never thought that Aaron would take it this far since he does have a girlfriend at the moment. I thought that Aaron would have done something like this after him and the girlfriend broke up and he was trying to scare me into going back to him. 

"What did the test show?" Ville's voice asked showing the emotion that I have never seen in a man up till now, sympathy.

"Test shows that whoever put the drug in his drink did not do it to get some sick sexual fucking kicks off of the whole thing. Instead they did it only for the sole purpose of beating him." Bam replied.

I look at Risto and see that it seems that he is fully awake and aware of everything that is happening. His eyes looking more like stone than ever before. I know that he is very upset at what happened, "Is there anything that you can remember? Did anyone do anything that might seem a little out of the ordinary?" I ask Risto hoping that he can give me some kind of inside as to who did this to him. Right now if I knew for sure that it was Aaron I would go over there personally to try to kick his ass. I hate seeing a man like this.