Chapter 35

It has been a few days since Ville's dinner party. Ville is still very proud of himself that it went well. He still keeps talking about how wonderful his food tasted and how everyone at the party liked it as well. I am happy that he is happy. There is nothing in the world that makes me more happy than to see him light up with happiness. 

Ville sits at the kitchen table, reading the paper and sipping his coffee. Everything that he does, he does it in the most elegant way. Every move that comes from him is like a figure skater on the ice, skating so graceful on the ice. He truly makes me happy. He is my home, my shelter, my everything.

I am sitting in the front room looking through some of the magazines that he has laying around the house. I flip through the pages but never really paying any attention to the pages. It is these little moments that makes life worth living. 

The cell phone rings in my pocket. I take it out and see that Risto is calling me. I answer the phone quickly in hopes that he has found something out and this whole nightmare with Aaron will stop, "Hello," I answer.

"Hey, put on your shoes. There is something that I need to talk to you about. I think that it is better that we do this alone. I am two minutes away from the tower," Risto tells me in a melancholy tone of voice.

"Alright," I answer.

I hang up the phone and wonder what it is that has Risto sounding like that. Ville looks up from his paper with questioning eyes, "I have to go with Risto for something. He wouldn't say what it was. But he is waiting outside," I explain to Ville as I slip on my shoes.

I walk up to Ville. His eyes focus and keep pace with me as I walk up to him. I see the hints of glimmer dance around in his eyes when he looks at me. I know that it is from all of the love that he has for me. I lean over and give him a kiss, "I will be back," I promise him. 

"Don't take to long," Ville jokes with me.

I turn around and head out of the front door. Risto's car sits in the driveway, smoke coming out of the tailpipe as the warm air from the car hits the cold relentless Finnish air. Risto sits in the drivers seat, waiting for me. I walk as fast as I can to the passenger door of the car and get in. 

Risto drives us to a coffee shop. We ride there in ominous silence. The wonder of it all is killing me inside. His face has a look of doom painted on it. It is almost like he is driving me to my hanging. Once inside the coffee shop we order our coffee and sit at the table.

"Aaron has messaged me today. Tonight is the night that he wants you to come to him. He wants me to take you to him. He said that we will have a meeting point where I give you to him. He made it very clear that if I follow him then he will kill all of us," Risto tells me.

My heart falls and breaks into pieces at my feet. We are to late to try to catch him. Now the thing that I never wanted to do, has to happen. I have to hurt Ville in order to keep him safe. It is a huge feeling that is hard to digest. The man that has done everything for me, the man who has given me confidence in myself, the man that has stuck by me through all of this chaos has to be the one that suffers the most. I can't afford for him to find out anything about this. Now, it is not only about the fact that I am keeping it from him because I think that it will comprise him getting better; I have to keep it from him to keep him safe and alive. 

Tears sting my eyes and stream down my cheeks. It feels like I have just been punched in the gut by a heavy weight boxer.I am down for the count and fighting to get back up. I search my brain for something. Something that I can do differently that might change the outcome. 

Sadly nothing comes to mind. I have moved to a whole new country and he has found me. I don't think that there is anything in the world that I can do to try to change my fate. The best thing that I can do is to just accept it, and wish Ville nothing but the best.