Chapter 54

I sit on the couch in the front room digging a spoon into a carton of sweet cold ice cream. I hear the faint sound of footsteps walking to the front room. I know that it's just Jamie coming to see if I'm okay and don't need anything. Little does she know that at this moment right now all I need is this carton of sweet heaven.

I soon see her face appear, "Are you still okay?"

I nod my head as I try to get a mouthful of ice cream down. 

Jamie giggles, "You better take it easy on that ice cream before you gain so much weight that you can't get it off after that baby is born."

"Fuck off Jamie, this ice cream is low fat so I am good to eat the whole carton. Besides I'm sure that soon I will be bigger than a fucking house so I better just take advantage of this whole junk food thing while I can," I laugh. 

Jamie takes a seat in one of the chairs that sit in the front room, "You are already starting this craving thing. Last night don't think that I don't know that you were eating flaming hot Cheetos with a lemon. Who the fuck does that?"

"I'm taking my mouth on a flavor adventure, Jamie," I banter back. 

Jamie bellows out a laugh at what I have to say. Her laughter is cut short when a knock comes from the door. Jamie quickly turns silent as she gets to her feet and starts walking to the front door. 

I hear the front door open and I hear a male voice start talking. I can't make out what he's saying just yet, but I'm sure that I will soon know. 

Jamie and Jesse soon merge into the front room. I smile knowing that him and Jamie are growing fond of each other so fast. But my smile soon falls when I see the look in his eyes. It's not a look like I am use to seeing on his face. He looks worried.

His eyes fall on me, "I have been sent here to pick you up and take you to the hospital," he croaks.

My heart start racing as I begin to think of what could be wrong. My mind starts to wonder, thinking of Ville in the hospital, "What is it Jesse?"

"There has been an accident. Risto was riding his motorcycle and had an accident. He was suppose to be going to meet with Torsti and Val for fittings. Ville wanted me to come and get you. He knows that you and Risto have become close friends and thinks that you should be there."

My heart falls and I put my carton of ice cream on an end table. I stand to my feet wanting to get out the door as fast as possible and be by Risto's side. Jamie grabs the carton from the table and makes her way to the kitchen. 

"Lets go. I have to get there as soon as possible," I order. 

Jamie makes her way to the front door with our jackets in her hands. Jamie tries to hand me my jacket, knowing just how cold it is outside. I turn around around and walk as quickly as I can to the door. At a moment like this I don't have time to take up any precious seconds when I could be at the hospital, by Risto's side. I walk out of the house and to the car as fast as my legs could carry me. Thoughts flood through my head as to how Risto is doing. I instantly think that this has something to do with Aaron, but I'm quick to remember that Aaron is now dead and can't hurt us anymore. Jesse takes a little more time than I do because he is making sure that the door to the house is locked. 

I open up the passenger door and slide into the seat, wishing that Jesse didn't take as much time as he is making sure the house is locked. It seems that the seconds linger on like hours. Jamie opens up the back door to the car and slides in behind me. After I hear the loud thud of the door closing I feel her warm hand rest on my shoulder, trying to calm me down the best that she can.