Chapter 44

I hear the heavy footsteps all around the storm shelter door. I hear some footsteps run on the door itself. From the sound of it, I would guess that Missy and Bam have brought some other people that they know. My heart begins to flutter as I hear all of the running taking place. This has to be when Bam and Missy are about to take over and I am finally free. As my anticipation grows my heart begins to pound out of my chest with all of the happiness that I am feeling. I will soon be free and be able to be by Ville's side once and for all. My hell... my madness is almost over. 

After the initial parade of shoe soles hitting the ground, everything turns silent. I wonder what the hell is going on. Have I been forgotten? As the deafening silence persists, I get more concerned and fearful that something that was not planned happened. Why am I having to wait this long till I am let out? I close my eyes and in my mind I can picture them all taking their marks and preparing to rush into the house from the back door. I do know that they are using the back door from all of the footsteps that I've heard. 

I almost feel like I am going out of my mind as I feel a massive amount of different feelings at once. I feel the increasing urge to scream. To make sure that I am heard and not forgotten. The seconds seem like an eternity. How much longer do I have to wait to be freed of the ropes that bind me? How long do I have to wait to see Aaron get what's coming to him? 

The door to the shelter finally opens up. The door opens a little slower than normal. Cold air storms through the opening of the hole and wisps across my dirty and barely covered body. My eyes are met with the beautiful star filled sky and Risto's marvelous face. I really wonder if there is something in Finland's water that make people as attractive as they are or maybe I am just seeing him in a different light now that I am one step closer to freedom. I have never been so happy to see his face. I could almost throw my arms around him and thank him for being the beautiful human that he is and aiding me when I really needed it the most. I am finally going to be done with all of this. 

The relentless high winds rush through every stand of his hair, blowing it in every direction. The look on his face tells of story of pride and happiness. He looks just as happy and I feel. This is finally happening and will soon be just a story to tell.  

Risto smiles slightly and bends down closer to me, "I told you that I'd be back," he smirks, as he slides his arms under me and lifts me up from the hole. 

"Oh god, thank you so much for all you have done for me. I don't know how to repay you for all of this," I rejoice. 

"You don't owe me anything. Friends do this for friends," he replies. 

As he pulls me up, off the ground and out of the hole, I begin to feel the brutality of the howling winds. But his arms warm my soul. I am now safe from Aaron and all the sick shit that he stands for. I know that everything will be alright. Aaron can't ever hurt me anymore. I am also one step closer to being by Ville's side once again. 

He sets me on my feet right by the hole. The cold grass never felt so good under my feet. He shuts the door so that will be the last time that I see Kelly's body. I didn't need him to do that, but I am glad that he did. I know that I never have to go through this anymore. I know that it will be the last time that I see her rotting corpse and I have never been so happy about it. 

Risto begins to untie the ropes around me as the wind blows around me, whirling my hair over my face. Slowly the ropes start to loosen up and I inch closer to freedom. I hear the sound of Missy, Bam, and Aaron yelling at each other from inside the house as Risto continues to try to get me free from the rope. I've never been so impatient for him to free me so I can make a dash inside the house and make sure that everyone stays safe.