Chapter 29

I stand on a chair in one of the sitting rooms of the tower. I wave a broom across the edges of the wall and the ceiling, making sure that I tear down all of the spider webs that have accumulated since Ville has been away from the house. We might live in a eerie and creepy tower that was built in 1840, but it does not have to look that way. 

Some of the spider webs cling on to the ceiling and walls, holding on for dear life. That is when I almost have to scrub them off with the bristles of the broom. It is kind of funny that with all of these spider webs that I am cleaning up, I have yet to see a spider in the house. I am sure that there are some spiders in the house, but they must be hiding. 

I climb off of the chair and make my way to the stairs, running the broom along the edges of the wall as I go. I climb the stairs to the third level of the home. I love Ville's style. Most of the rooms are decorated like a 1950's black and white TV show. Other rooms have the decor that looks old and rustic to fit the look of the tower. 

When I make it to the third floor of the home I look around and see the massive amounts of webs along the walls. Everything on this floor seems to be covered in dust, like what you would see in an attic. It looks like nobody has ever cared to even step foot on this floor in a long time. Really, I love the creepy vibe that it sets off from the looks alone. Very little light shines through the smaller windows that are covered with dirt and spider webs as well. The third floor is very picturesque if you love the look of a place that might be haunted. 

I walk to an old looking wooden vanity that holds a large and broken oval mirror on top of it. I run my finger over the top of the dust ridden piece of furnishing, uncovering the glossy cherry wood finish on it. I open one of the drawers in the front of the vanity and find a bunch of papers. I look through them and see that they are all just old receipts and a couple of pictures. One of the pictures looks very old. It is of a little angel faced boy. The little boy looks to be sitting in the drivers seat of an old vehicle and holding on to the steering wheel. The little boy was wearing overalls and a shirt that looked to be riding up his cute little chunky body. The little boy has the cutest little upturned nose. I am sure if this picture was in color it would ruin some of the cuteness. I have always been one that finds black and white pictures better looking than color photos. 

The phone that Torsti gave to me rings from in my pocket, causing me to jump and drop the paper and pictures. My heart almost feels like it jumps into my throat from the shock. I don't want Ville thinking that I am snooping through all of his stuff. But I do want to ask him about the little boy in the picture later. 

I dig the phone out of my pocket and look at the screen. It displays a phone number that I do not recognize, but I know that the call is coming from the states, "Hello," I answer in confusion as to who could be on the other end of the line. 

There was an unsettling silence on the other end of the line. Goosebumps start to appear on my skin the longer I wait for a reply, "I am going to hang up if I don't get an answer," I threaten. I know that it is not the best of threats to run by someone, but after all I do not know who it is and the only thing that I can do is run that threat by them. 

"You better not hang up on me you fucking bitch," the dark male says on the other line.

My body freezes. The voice on the other line is Aaron. I would know his voice anywhere. Questions run through my mind along with the fear that swallows them up like a mythical man eating sea serpent, "How did you get this number," I ask in fear and boldness. 

"Don't you fucking worry about that. What you need to focus on is what you are going to pack when you leave that foreign exchange student. I am on my way to Finland to get you. I hope that I don't catch anything when I am there, god only knows what kind of diseases lay in a third world country."