Chapter 9

"Wake up sleeping beauty. You got to go to that ball," I hear Missy sing.

The thoughts of the prior night filled my head as I roll out of bed, "Have you got a text back from the boys yet," I ask trying to sound as calm as I can about it.

"No, I guess they are at the apartment finger poppin' each others assholes. I don't think that any of them has ever heard of the wonderful invention of a phone charger... You would think since they are oh so much smarter than we are that they would have figured out that when they buy a cell phone that means that they will also receive something that they can plug the cell phone into to charge the battery. It is not like once the battery dies that you have to buy a new phone." Missy rants.

I listen to Missy intently. I can see why Bam likes her, she is a very strong woman and very opinionated. I watch her run around trying to get ready for the day. I look at my own clothes that I am wearing and go into a shock when I see that I am still wearing the lingerie from last night. I jump out of the bed and run to my piece of luggage. I run my hands through it like a mad woman, searching for the clothes that I packed to put on for the day.

"Don't you look darling... Wearing that to knock Valo's socks off... and everything else of his that has to deal with articles of clothing covering his body. You have now wasted the unveiling of that cute little thing, that only covers up your naughty parts," Missy said laughing as she walks out of the room.

Feeling a little embarrassed about the wearing this in front of a girl that I have just met, I continue my search for my clothes. After I strike gold, I put on the pair of jeans and a band shirt that has a DK logo with the words "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" on the front of the shirt. One the back of the shirt it has the writing on the top that says, "Erase Racism" and the writing on the bottom that says "Dead Kennedys". I put on a pair of socks and my shoes and walk to the bathroom.

I pass Missy in her room as I make my way to the bathroom, "That shirt is rockin'," Missy exclaims.

"Thank you, I know that I am a little to young to have actually seen this band in their prime. But I always have loved their music," I tell her, "But if I was able to have seen them in their prime that would have been rockin'," I laugh her holding up a rock fist. 

I make my way to the bathroom. I brush my teeth, brush my hair, and put on a little bit of makeup. I hear Missy in the bedroom shuffling around sounding like she is looking for something.

I walk out of the bathroom and see Missy standing in front of the bathroom door with a smile on her face, "Last night you asked about the heartagram. You did not know what it was... I was just wondering if you have ever heard of the bands music?" Missy asked sounding a little confused about the whole situation.

I shake my head. With the movement of my head Missy starts to walk to her mobile phone laying on her bed. She picks up her phone and music starts to play. I hear the singing and am immediately taken back. The voice of this male singer was so wonderful. It was almost like the person singing the lead vocals could go other places like doing solo things or in a choir. Most of the music that I hear the lead vocals have mainly one tone, three at the most. But this is so different, it is like his voice can go very low and then go to very high in seconds. It is like I am taken to two different places when listening to this music, yet still stay firmly on the ground of reality.

"Is that Ville," I ask as I start to dance to the music a little.

Missy nods her head to confirm what I just asked. Missy's body starts to move a little as she is listening to the music, and my body moves more. My heart so filled with happiness that it feels like it is going to explode. That is my man singing that, and an overwhelming sense of pride and love wash over my body like a tidal wave.