I got my boys back

Peggy, Steve and I were positioned in a plane piloted by Howard. I sat next to Steve and his hand held mine tightly while Peggy sat opposite us.

"The HYDRA camp is in Krausberg, tucked between these two mountain ranges. It's a factory of some kind." Peggy explained as Steve nodded showing her he understood.
"We should be able to drop you right on the doorstep." Howard called from the front.
"Just get me as close as you can." He told us. I squeezed his hand which he returned.
"You know, you two are gonna be in a lot of trouble at the lab." Steve told us.
"And you won't?" I replied.
"Where I'm goin', if anybody yells at me I can just shoot 'em." He admitted.
"They will undoubtedly shoot back." Peggy told him.
"Well, let's hope it's good for somethin'." Steve smiled and knocks at his shield.
"Agent Carter, if we're not in too much of a hurry I thought we could stop off in Lucerne for a late night fondue." Howard calls into the back.
I raised my eyebrows at her smiling while Peggy looks awkwardly at Steve and I, who was getting ready to parachute with me helping him.
"Stark is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen. He's mad enough to brave this airspace, we're lucky to have him." I told her with a look making her roll her eyes at me. I smirked at Steve.
"So are you two...? Do you...? Fondue?" He asked smiling.
"Do you?" She retorted making both Steve and I straighten up and cough awkwardly.

"This is your transponder. Activate it when you're ready and the signal will lead us straight to you." Peggy ignored our reactions and handed it to Steve.
"Are you sure this thing works?" He asked.
"It's been tested more than you, pal." Howard yelled again making me smile lightly.

Just then the plane started being attacked Steve goes towards the opened door of the plane to jump.
"Get back here! We're taking you all the way in." Peggy exclaimed.
"As soon as I'm free, you turn this thing around and get the hell outta here!" Steve called.
"You can't give me orders."
"The hell I can't! I'm a Captain!" He looked over to me and I looked at him desperately.
"Come back to me." I said quietly leaning my head against his.
"Always." He said before jumping out of the plane.

I watched him land safely before closing the door as Howard turned the plane around. I sat back down opposite Peggy. She placed a hand on my knee making me look up at her.
"He'll be ok."
I just nodded not knowing what else to say.

When we got back to camp that night I didn't go to my tent I went into Steve's. I rummaged in his trunk before pulling out one of his T-Shirt's. I changed into it and climbed in his bed. It smelt like him and I eventually did fall asleep wishing and praying my two best friends would find their way back to me.

The next morning I waited patiently. I was back in my uniform but my hair was down. I liked to hide behind it. I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked to last night but I pushed it aside. All day I waited. Peggy would join and reassure me but after three days it was no use. I couldn't help but imagine the worst as I'm sure anyone would in this situation.

But instead of letting my emotions get the better of me. I got back to work. I performed some of the best work I ever had but Peggy and Howard both knew it was because I was hurting. I hardly spoke to anyone. I didn't even think about Steve or Bucky until the night when I would cry myself into a somewhat sleep in Steve's tent.

One morning I was slumped over my desk in a open tent. I was reading and writing over calculations I was creating. I groaned and placed my head on the desk in defeat. I closed my eyes gently. And before I knew it I was in a deep dreamless sleep.

Peggy Carter was wondering around the camp later that afternoon when she found the young blonde slumped over her desk fast asleep. Peggy left her knowing how much she needed the sleep with all the hard work she had been doing. Herself, Allison and Howard had become really close the past few months and the two were worried over Allison's behaviour. But neither questioned her, giving her time to heal.

After she checked up on Allison, Peggy made her way over to Phillips as he is dictating a letter to a Corporal.
"Senator Brandt, I regret to report that Captain Steven G. Rogers went missing behind enemy lines on the third. Aerial reconnaissance has proven unfruitful. As a result, I must declare Captain Rogers killed in action. Period." He stated.
"The last surveillance flight is back. No sign of activity." Peggy told him sadly. She didn't want to admit that she had led Steve to his death. It was eating her up inside.
"Go get a cup of coffee, Corporal." Chester told the man writing the letter.
"Yes, sir." He spoke before he left.
"I can't touch Stark. He's rich and he's the Army's number one weapons contractor. You and Miss Smith however, are neither one." Chester snapped at the young woman in front of him.
"With respect, sir, I don't regret my actions. And I don't think Captain Rogers did either." Peggy spoke for herself.

That was the difference between Peggy and Allison. Peggy spoke up when it came to degrading men like Chester talking bad about her.
"What makes you think I give a damn about your opinions. I took a chance with you, Agent Carter. And now America's golden boy and a lot of other good men are dead, cause you had a friendship with the Captain's girlfriend." He spoke menacingly.
"It wasn't that. I had faith." Peggy told him truthfully.
"Well, I hope that's a big comfort to you when they shut this division down." He was ready to walk away however, soldiers had started running and talking excitedly in the background stopping him.

"What the hell's going on out there?." The two of them followed the crowd to the edge of the camp where Steve was arriving with the freed prisoners. Everyone was cheering.
"Some of there's men need medical attention." Steve saluted Chester as he stopped in front of him.
"I'd like to surrender myself for disciplinary action." Steve added.
"That won't be necessary." Chester spoke before leaving.
"Yes, sir." Steve smiles.
"You're late." Peggy informed.
"Couldn't call my ride." Steve smiled holding up his communicator.
"Hey! Let's hear it for Captain America." Bucky shouted in glee. All the soldiers cheered. When it died down Steve smiled down to Peggy.

"Where is she?" He asked smiling but it soon dropped seeing Peggy's frown.
"Where she always is, working."

Steve and Bucky followed Peggy to the open tent where the blonde haired girl still laid. Steve looked fondly at her. He couldn't see her face as it was turned the other way but he admired how her long golden locks danced upon the desk in the wind.
"Is that..." Bucky asked.
"Yeah. It is." Steve said.

He quietly walked over to her and crouched down to her eye level. She was so peaceful Steve almost didn't want to wake her up. But instead he brushed his lips over hers and butted his nose with hers making her stir awake.

She groaned as the light hit her eyes but when hearing a familiar chuckle she bounced up.

I moved uncomfortably from my position I slept in. I groaned out loud, internally scolding myself for allowing myself to fall asleep on a desk. However, as I tried to open my eyes and struggled due to the light. I could have sworn I heard an all too familiar chuckle. I opened my eyes at lightening speed to ensure I wasn't dreaming but when my pupils focused on a red, white and blue uniform I gasped in pure happiness.

"Steve?" I whispered softly reaching my hand out to touch his face checking he was real. When my palm hit his smooth skin I laughed in pure delight as he chuckled at my reaction.
I wasted no time throwing my arms around his neck. He laughed and picked my small figure out of my chair and hugged me in the air until he set me down on the ground. I still didn't let go and buried my head in the crook of his neck. He stroked my hair before whispering into my ear.
"I have a surprise for you."

I quickly pull away from him to see his bright smile. It was in that exact moment I knew Bucky was alive. I whipped myself around to see my favourite brunette, blue-eyed boy. I let out a sob before running into his arms. He chuckled as he grabbed onto me tight.
"Bucky?" I whisper into his uniform.
"It's me doll."
"I thought you died." I sob.
"No. I could never leave you alone with Steve that long." He joked.

I let out a laugh through my cries and tried to bury myself deeper into him but it was almost impossible.
I looked over his shoulder to see Peggy with tears in her eyes. I smiled at her as I squeezed Bucky tighter and she smiled back before walking away.

I finally pulled away and looked back over to Steve who was smiling at us both.
"Are you both ok? Your not hurt? I can help if you are I-"
"Ali. We're fine. We're both fine." Steve cut me off coming closer to us.
"Better now we're with you doll." Bucky spoke on my right.
I laughed again and pulled them both into a hug this time. Neither objected and that night it was filled with laughter and a lot of catching up.

It almost felt like we were back in the summer of 1945.