Secrets

The team and I had made our way to the African Cost where Ultron would supposedly be. The ride there was quite, almost silent. Tensions were still high.

I strapped my weapons securely on my suit and tightened my pony tail. I stole a quick glance at Steve who was staring at his shield. Neither one of us had spoken properly since the party and a whole lot had changed since then. I subconsciously played with my ring again and waited till landing.

When we arrived, sure enough Ultron was there along with the Maximoff twins by his side. Tony appeared first in his Iron Man suit and made himself known.

"Ahh, Junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart." He announced as he came down to the ground where Steve, Thor and I were waiting.

"If I have to." Ultron replied bitterly.
"We don't have to break anything." Thor said.
"Clearly you've never made an omelet." Ultron deadpanned.

"He beat me by one second." Tony muttered as I held back an eye roll. These two could be father and son.

"Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark. It's what, comfortable? Like old times?" The young boy with silver hair spoke out next to Ultron with a thick accent.

I looked over to him and made eye contact as I felt his gaze trail up and down my body making me want to gag. How old even was this boy?

"This was never my life." Tony stated.
"You two can still walk away from this." Steve told the twins.
"Oh, we will." The girl spoke menacingly.
"I know you've suffered." Steve continued.

"Uuughh! Captain America. God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. Not to mention your right hand woman Smith. I recently heard about the engagement. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..." I couldn't help but look down as he spoke of mine and Steve's relationship.

Of course I knew he still loved me but I was terrified he wouldn't want to marry me after this.

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it." I tell the trio.
"I think you're confusing peace with quiet." Ultron fired back.

"What's the Vibranium for?" I ask.
"I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan--" All of a sudden Ultron doesn't finish and goes to attack Tony in the air. His drones drop down to attack Steve, Thor and I but we are quick to retaliate.
I soon see the twins join the fight as well.

I use my strength to reach into the bot and rip out its system causing it to immediately shut down. Just after I do this I see a blur of blue and I'm suddenly being thrown into a wall. I go to stand up again but am immediately knocked down.

I start getting angry with this kid so as I'm "standing up", I reach for my gun parts on my belt and create a small but effective pistol. By the time the boy is back to knock me off my feet, I shoot a bullet right in his shoulder making him faulter and run off somewhere else.
"Can someone take care of the speedy one. I shot him in his shoulder so he's angry. He ran north-east." I say into my coms before jumping off the railing and down a few floors before performing a forward roll to stand up effortlessly.

I see Thor struggling so I summon his hammer and use it to crash the bots in his path before throwing it back to him.
"Thank you M'lady!" He calls before I run off to help the others.

I fought off some of the other soldiers on the boat until I felt a presence next to me. I whipped around just in time to see the brunette girl casting some sort of spell on me. I reach for my pistol and go to pull the trigger but as I do my vision goes funny.

I quickly close my eyes and blink rapidly. When I open them I'm not pointing a gun at the girl...I'm pointing it at Steve.

I look around and realise I'm back in 1945.
Or so it seems.