Friends to Enemies

Steve, Sam and I were now in a huge abandoned warehouse out of sight from everyone. Bucky was unconscious and to keep him from waking up as the other guy we had to take precautions and decided to clamp his metal arm in a huge industrial device. I didn't like it but I couldn't put Sam and Steve at anymore risk.

While waiting for him to wake up, I was stood just before a doorway getting some fresh air. However, my clothes were still slightly damp making me shiver slightly.
I heard footsteps coming over to me and soon a warm trail of kisses were being given down my neck. I turned around in Steve's chest and cuddled into him seeking warmth.

He gladly covered me up in his arms.
"You ok?" He asks me.
"Yeah. Just wasn't really expecting my retirement plan to go this way." I joke making him laugh softly.
"You and me both." He agreed.
"I'm glad though. We got him back."
"We did."

We hold each other in our arms enjoying the moment and watch as the occasional chopper flies overhead, no doubt looking for Bucky and the rest of us.

"Hey, Cap! Ali Cat!" We soon here Sam's voice from over where Bucky was. We pull away from each other and turn to see Sam. Noticing his expression, I know Bucky is awake and make my way over there briskly.

When I enter I notice just how weak Bucky really is. Even out of HYDRA he is malnourished. His hair falls in tangles around his shoulders and his eyes still hold pain behind them. He slumps over his knees and lifts his head weakly to meet out gazes.

I give him a saddened look as I kneel down to better meet his view from where I'm stood. He stares straight into my brown eyes.
Steve is stood by Sam as they stare at him.

"Steve. Ali." Bucky mutters.
"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve asks warily.
"Your mom's name was Sarah...You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." Bucky laughs at the end of it making a smile turn up on my face.
"And you Ali, hate dresses. I had to force you into one before I got shipped off, you also saved me from a really bad date once pretending to be my wife as you caught me cheating." Bucky chuckled deeply again as he spoke about me.

I smiled over to Steve and he nodded.
"Can't read that in a museum."
"Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?" Sam asks. I knew what he was thinking but that was Bucky. Definitely.

"What did I do?" He asks.
"Enough." Steve said shortly.
"Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words." Bucky groaned as he leaned back.

I noticed the cuts and bruises that littered his skin. I made my way over to him and sat in front of him to comfort him more.
"Who was he?" I ask.
"I don't know." Bucky tells me honestly as he looks at me again.
"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than "I don't know."" Steve says a little more firmly.

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where." Bucky told us.
"Why would he need to know that?" I ask.
"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier." Bucky deadpanned making me lean back in shock.

"Who were they?" I ask wanting to know more.
"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum." Bucky tells us.
"They all turn out like you?" Sam asks.
"Worse." Bucky states bluntly.
"The doctor, could he control them?" Steve asks.
"Enough."

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall." Steve speaks again as I give a nod in his direction.
"With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming."