Killing of my best friend

We had been on the jet for around an hour now and we had stayed quite for the most part. A few sentences were tossed around here and there but I could tell Bucky was tense and just wanted all of this over.

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" He quietly asked from behind me.
"Whatever it is...we'll deal with it." Steve sighed as he shook his head.
"We won't let anything happen to them. As soon as this is dealt with, we'll get them out." I told Bucky to try and ease his mind.

"I don't know if I'm worth all this, Steve." Bucky admitted making me immediately switch the jet on autopilot and turn around in my chair.

He lifts his head solemnly to look at me. I reach forward and cup his face in my hand before pulling him into a hug.
"You're worth all of this and more Buck." I mumbled into his neck.
He squeezed onto me tighter as Steve spoke too.
"What you did all those years . . . it wasn't you. You didn't have a choice."
"He's right." I comforted Bucky as I brushed through his hair.

Once he had calmed down I pulled away and gave him a smile. Steve joined us too.
"I know. But I did it." Bucky said.
"It's doesn't matter anymore." I tell him as I place my hand overtop Steve's that was holding Bucky's.

Bucky nodded at me and I turn back around to fly the jet again as we were coming closer to our destination. Steve turned with me and I looked over to him and sent him a smile.
"I love you." I spoke quietly.

He smiled brighter and quickly pecked me on the lips.
"I love you too."
"It's weird."
"What that I love you?" Steve asked sarcastically, leaning back giving me a frown which made me giggle.

"No. That the three musketeers are back together again." I say making the boy let out a small chuckle too.

Soon I was bringing the Quinjet into land right besides Zemo's caterpillar truck on the remote icy mountain top. The jet's wings fold up beside the fuselage.

I stand up and unbuckle as well as the boys and pull out rack of guns from the side of the ship labeled 'Romanoff' and 'Rogers'. Bucky smirked over to me as I handed him some guns. He takes a light machine gun.

Bucky and Steve stand together and I soon join, as we wait for the exit ramp to descend.
"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve asked making Bucky and I smile over to him at the memory.

"Was that the time we used our train money to buy hot dogs?" Bucky asked.
"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead." Steve smirked.
"What was her name again?" Bucky asked making me laugh.

Typical Bucky.

"Dolores. You called her Dot." I remind him to which he nods at the memory.
"She's gotta be a hundred years old right now." Bucky replies.
"So are we, pal." Steve smiles as he clamps his hand on Bucky's shoulder.
"Ew I'm dating an old man." I jokingly grimace, to which Bucky laughs as Steve looks mocks hurt as he steps forward.

"Yeah but you still put a ring on it." He retaliated as he stuck up his ring finger at me, making Bucky and I laugh harder.

As we step out Steve puts on his helmet and I secure my ponytail before we walk up to the entrance set in rock. The door is still open, meaning Zemo was here.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours." I tell the boys as I calculate his course.
"Long enough to wake them up." Bucky says to which we nod and prepare for battle.

Three super soldiers against five or six more. Great.

Steve leads us into the cast bunker. We travel down into the depths inside a caged elevator in silence, not wanting to alert or make any noise to the super soldiers here. It stops in the bowls of the bunker and the doors slide open. Steve nods to Bucky and I and we both heave open the cage door. Bucky readies his heavy duty machine gun as I lift my custom gun up too incase of an ambush.