Artificial Intelligence

Once I had changed out of my suit I went down to the lab to see how Clint was doing.

I just entered the treatment room when I heard Nat's voice.
"You sure he's going to be okay? Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together."
I laughed upon entering earning a smile from Nat and a glare from Clint.

"There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacrum." Dr Cho replied.
"She's creating tissue." Bruce spoke up from the side. I didn't even know he was in here until he spoke up but he looked like a kid in a candy shop he was that excited.

"If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes." Dr Cho smiled.

"Oh, he's flatlining. Call it. Time?" Tony dramatically spoke as he walked in with a tray of drinks. I rolled my eyes at his theatrics.
"No, no, no. I'm going to live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic." Clint argued sipping the water he was given.

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference." Dr Cho smiled.

Clint gave a pointed look towards Natasha and I. We both discreetly nodded. Clint's family was still a huge secret. It was never on SHIELD's database. I ensured when SHIELD fell nothing came out about Clint. No one knew except us three, not even Steve and that was the way it should stay.

"Well, I don't have a girlfriend." Clint stated plainly.
"That I can't fix. This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust." Dr Cho retaliated making me smirk.

"Well, that is exactly the plan. And Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday." Tony sang.
"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties." She clapped back before hesitating.
"Will Thor be there?" She added making us all smirk and nod.

After Clint was all patched up and in the recovery room with Nat, Tony called Bruce and I down to his main lab.
"What's the rumpus?" Bruce asked upon arriving.

"Well, the scepter. You see, we were wondering how Strucker got so inventive. So, I've been analyzing the gem inside-- You may recognize-" Tony says as he brings up a 3D image of Jarvis's consciousness.

"Jarvis." Bruce and I state together.
"Doctor. Miss Smith." The AI replied.
"Started out, JARVIS was just a natural language UI. Now he runs the Iron Legion. He runs more of the business than anyone besides Pepper." Tony told us.
"Oh?" Bruce urged him on, as I stood curious to what Tony was getting at while my arms crossed over my chest.

"Top of the line." Tony said, not making any sense.
"Yes." Bruce replied.
"I suspect not for long." JARVIS spoke up.
"Meet the competition." Tony says as he brings up another 3D image of what's inside the scepter.

My eyebrows raise at its complexity and the sheer mass of its genetic code.
"It's beautiful." Bruce stares wide eyed.
"If you had to guess, what's it look like it's doing?" Tony asked trailing off to let us answer.

"Like it's thinking. I mean this could be a... it's not a human mind, it..." I try to find the right way of replying.
"Um-um." Tony cuts me off.
"I mean, look at this! They're like neurons firing." I tell him.
"Down in Strucker's lab I saw some fairly advanced robotics work. They deep-sixed the data, but... I gotta guess he was knocking on a very particular door." Tony told us.

"Artificial intelligence." I stated.
"This could be it, Sunny, Bruce. This could be the key to creating Ultron." Tony spoke.

It was risky.
I didn't like the idea of combining our technology with HYDRA's and something from out of this universe.
The three just didn't mix and weren't meant to. It could either be something amazing and incredible or destruction or and I didn't want to take that risk.