Steve's POV:

I held my wife's worried but loving gaze as she hesitantly pushed the button that would send us back in time. As I blinked and travelled through the Quantum Realm back to 2012 New York with Tony, Scott and Bruce all I could think about and picture were her warm brown eyes that she now also shared with my son. I pictured our family together, laughing and having fun. It was more than enough motivation and determination for me to get this done right and quickly knowing I had a family to get home to.

We arrived in New York, hidden in an alleyway as the chaos of the Chitauri Battle happened around us. We arrived just as we were Assembling for the first time.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." I tell the three men in front of me.

Before they could reply, suddenly, 2012 Hulk passes by us and we watch intently as he smashes everything in his way. Bruce puts his hand to his face in embarrassment.

"Feel free to smash a few things along the way." I add, wanting to keep up the act.
"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce says as he rips off his shirt and begins to pretend to smash things in a very sarcastic way. He lightly punches a nearby car, making a small dent, all while making fake growling noises. He then picks up a motorbike and throws it at a wall, wincing as it hits it. I could have rolled my eyes honestly, even I could act better than that but I'm sure that would get tested soon enough.

As Bruce makes his way further into New York to receive the Time Stone, Scott, Tony and I make our way to the tower as discreetly as possible to avoid any contact. Tony uses one of his suits to get into the building unknowingly and Scott shrinks into his ant form and travels with Tony. I however, have the tricky job of having to take the stairs but with all the action going on, it is pretty easy to sneak past as no one is in the tower apart from the Avengers who are on the top floor at the moment.

Once I reach the top floor I hide behind a thick pillar and connected wall, looking between the gaps to scan the interior of the top floor, as I see us, the original Avengers targeting Loki. I smile as I see Ali. She even looked beautiful after being beaten up by Loki's army.

I watch carefully until I hear them speak up.

"If it's all the same to you... I'll have that drink now." Loki spoke cheekily making flashbacks play in my mind which was beyond weird as they were also playing right in front of my eyes.

"All right, get him on his feet. We can all stand around posing up a storm later. By the way, feel free to clean up." Tony from the past spoke up.

"Uh, Mr. Rogers. I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass." Present Tony spoke in my ear through coms making me roll my eyes and scoff quietly.

"No one asked you to look, Tony." I tell him.
"It's ridiculous" Tony whispers back to me.
"I think you look great, Cap. As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass." Scott whispered patriotically making me halt in my movements. I didn't even know how to respond to that.

"Who gets the, uh, magic wand?" Ali from the past says making me almost falter as I gaze at her every move. I physically have to shake my head. You can look at her all you want when you get home Stephen.

I couldn't help it. She always looked so damn good in a suit.

"STRIKE team's coming to secure it." Past Tony speaks making me visibly tense up. We never even knew it at that point. Hydra were right under our noses. My fists clenched and I had to refrain from any sudden movements. I couldn't afford to mess this up.

Then the Hydra team, including Rumlow and Sitwell enter. I bite down hard on my lip. They tried to take everything away from me. They tried to kill me, my wife and my best friend. If I could shoot them now I happily would.