Part of the journey is the end.

As soon as the battle was over Steve and I went home to get cleaned up. We hung up our uniforms and I smiled fondly knowing it was the last time. I stroked down the material and grazed my fingers over the "Rogers" that was embroidered on the arms.

It was time to move on. For good.

There would be other battles, there's no denying that. If the world needed us we were here but it was time for new hero's to take our place. We were old anyway.

Steve and I took a shower together before getting dressed into some more comfortable clothes and hopping in our family car to Pepper's house where our children were. Happy had been babysitting them, while we were all at war.

Pulling up I took a deep breath and took Steve's hand in mine. Nothing had to be said between the two of us. We just loved the small silent moments we got to spend with each other.

We walked up to the porch and I soon heard the ruckus of pounding footsteps and a smile grew on my face.

"Mummy! Daddy!" The two both squealed as the blondes came into view and tackled the pair of us in a hug. James latched onto my neck while Steve curled Natalie up in his arms. We stood back up and I placed James on my hip while Steve pulled me into him with his other arm. We cuddled into each other, the moment filled with nothing but love and happiness. I miss Tony and Nat but I knew more than anything they would be smiling down on this moment we had.

"Mummy, daddy you'll never guess what. Morgan and I snuck into the garage and we started playing with FRIDAY and we made plans to create our own suits-" James blabbed on and on about his experience at the Stark's household and all Steve and I could do was smile and sit in the garden listening to their every word.

Once they were finished, Natalie was picking daisies while James and I were led on the grass. The moment was perfect so I decided to tell them the news.
"Guess what, mummy's got a surprise for you." I smile.

"Really? What is it!" James squealed climbing on top of me.
"Be careful bud." Steve stepped in, his protectiveness showing.

"You know two years ago when mummy told you, you were getting a baby sister for Christmas?" I ask James. He immediately nods making me look over to Steve who was smiling brightly.
"Well mummy's got another a baby in her tummy."

I watch as James' eyes light up and he crawls off me quickly before resting his ear on my stomach.
"Natalie! Come listen, mummy's got a baby in her stomach!" James repeated excitedly, pulling his chirpy sister close to him and I smile as I watch both of them lean on my stomach desperately trying to listen for anything.

"She's not talking." Natalie mumbled.
"Well we don't know if it's a girl or a boy yet." Steve tells our children.
"Also, they can't talk yet. Not until there as big and grown up as you are." I say sitting up and placing Natalie in my lap.

"I want it to be a girl." Natalie says.
"What about you James, do you think the baby will be a boy or a girl?" I smile over to my son.

"I don't care, I'm just happy I get another sibling. I'm the luckiest boy in the world!" James shouted making Steve and I laugh.

He leans in close to me and pecks me on the lips.
"It's a girl." Steve mumbles against my lips.
"Hm. I don't know." I smirk.

He pulls away from me and puts James in his lap.
"What will we name the baby?" James asks.
"Well that's up for discussion." Steve tells our first born.

"Daisy. For a girl." Natalie smiled while holding up a daisy making Steve and I chuckle.
"That's a beautiful name Natalie." Steve tells our daughter.