:Chapter Thirteen:

Third
Y/n remained nervous, but it wasn't quite as strong. It had grown tense and silent between Leon and this Hunnigan woman. He twists his hand around, to intertwine his fingers with Leon's. The male sent him a gentle squeeze, which made the (h/l) (h/c) haired male more calm.

"Hey Leon?" Y/n asks, looking over and into the grayish blue eyes of the man beside him. His sandy colored hair fell lazily over his eyes, somewhat hiding them from the others soft gaze.

"Yeah? What's up?" Leon squeezed their hand, hoping to send him any sort of comfort that he could. This did not go unnoticed by Y/n.

Before they could speak, however, the driver cut him off. "So, you two gonna hold hands this entire drive?" They laugh, glancing in the mirror at the two. At first Leon thinks to remove his hand, but feeling the other hold it tighter the moment he went to move, made it all too clear he wasn't uncomfortable with his hand in his.

This makes Leon happy, though he assumed that Y/n saw him only as a friend and that would be it. He turned his head to instead stare out of the window, using his right arm to prop his head up with his hand curled into a fist. "Leon?" Y/n asks again, but Leon doesn't move. "What kind of home do you live in?" The question confused Leon, until he recalled that his dear crush only ever lived in a rundown mansion and then in the small little home for a year.

He doesn't move, but he opens his mouth to speak. "It's not too big, smaller than either of the other two homes. Ah, but it's not a bad size either." He realizes how bad this sounds without context.

Y/n doesn't notice this however, only seeing the calm disposition of the blonde. "Like..." he went quiet, searching for the right words to continue, "like an apartment?"

"Kind of, only it's a house with two stories. It's relatively small still..." he sends Y/n a glance, then smirks slightly.

"Are you trying to compensate for something, Kennedy?" The driver shot back at him with a large smirk. Leon glared, annoyed with the constant joking.

"What would he be compensating for?" Y/n asks, making Leon shy away from the conversation and the driver to go quiet. Hunnigan saves the day for both men.

"It's something that men say to tease each other." She spoke up.

"But that doesn't explain what they would be compe-" Leon raises a brow at the males sudden quietness. A light pink color appears burning across his face. "O-oh..."

"Oh? Oh what?" Leon asks him, waiting for a reaction. The color only darkens in response.

Y/n let's go of Leon's hand, making the other male frown at the lack of touch. The slightly larger male hid his face in his hands and pulled his legs up and into himself. "Forget I even asked that question..." Leon hears him mumble and Hunnigan sighs.

"At least you understood..." she spoke, "that's more than either of the three men in here combined could do..." the two in the front look back at her offended while Leon only scoffs.

"I'm sure that isn't true..." Y/n defended kindly. "I'm sure he's not compensating for that." He also defends. The driver chortled, smirking widely.

"Have you seen him? I bet you'd like to prove it to us, eh kid?"

"How rude! Leon!" Y/n looks over at him horrified. "How can you stand such crude comments?"

Leon
I wasn't sure how to answer him, did I say I wouldn't mind him checking for proof? What would he say to that? "I usually just ignore them..." I spoke, watching him quietly as he ranted on and on about it. It was rather cute, I had to admit. He was so passionate about how rude they were being to me, which I was grateful for.

Sure I usually just scolded them or made fake threats, but for him to genuinely stand up for me was a whole new thing. It made the butterflies in my stomach move up to my chest.

(Timeskip!)
He had been ranting about this until we stopped at my home, even so when we got inside. He really didn't like the way they talked to me, it seemed to make him irritated. "Are you alright? You've been going on about this for almost an hour..." I gently placed my hands on his shoulders, guiding him to face me for a moment.

His jaw seems to tighten, but releases tension soon after. "I'm sorry, it's just the way they can be so rude to you. You can't let them get away with that!"

"I know, but there isn't much I can really do about it. They mean well anyhow." I smile back at him with a chuckle.

"But Leon..." he trails off, "I suppose I shouldn't be talking about it now... you have a nice home so far..." he lets his eyes wander from my face to the area surrounding us. I picked up the boxes of his clothes and left him to enter the guest room. I set the boxes on the bed, then glanced to the door.

"I wonder..." I shook my head, "it's not worth it... I can't get hurt again..."

"Hurt again?" Y/n asks, standing in the doorway. "What happened?" He walks over to me, the look of pure curiosity and innocence filled his beautiful eyes. I got lost in them, even if it was momentary. He wanted and answer.

"I... what would you do if somebody liked you, say... hypothetically if I liked you... and you didn't want to get hurt after a breakup or even after being rejected the previous time... would you... what would you do?" I ask him, knowing damn well the question was confusing.

"You mean if I liked you, but I had been hurt in the past from rejection and/or a break-up that struck pain through me for a long while? Like that? Well... I'd see if the other person could fall in love with me, over time or something. Whoever you're worried about, I'm sure they'll grow on you as you will them~" he smiles at me and looks away, his face seemingly normal with no color change. I frowned at this, but felt happy with his words.

"And what if I liked you?"