-Chapter Forty-Four-

ThirdAfter a while the two of them had fallen asleep in each other's arms and woken up moments ago

Third
After a while the two of them had fallen asleep in each other's arms and woken up moments ago. Sunlight peered curiously into their bedroom through the closed blinds. The dirty blonde stared at his partner with a look of curiosity as the other returned it. Both were still tired and thus were embraced in a delicacy emotion. Like staring into the other half of their souls.

A smile finds their lips and they lean forward to connect the soft skin against the others. Eyes closing in satisfaction at how euphoric they both were. Pulling away they stand and stretch, Y/n letting out a sleepy little yawn.

The two entered the bathroom just outside of their room and began brushing their teeth before Y/n split off to go make breakfast while Leon took a shower. The male grabbed out the mix for pancakes as well as the babies formula and continued to make pancakes first as the little girl was still asleep.

Once he made enough for the two Leon entered, the small child held gingerly in his arms as he takes a seat at the table. The (h/l) (h/c) haired male grabs the formula and makes the bottle of milk while adding a small amount of milk to it. He warms it up and tests the temperature on his wrist before walking over to hand it to Leon.

He walks back around and grabs the plates, setting them down in front of the two and sitting across from him. The two exchange glances before little Talia reaches up for the bottle. "D-Dada..." her little voice catches both male's off guard before the widest grin finds their faces.

"What? You want this?~" Leon teases before feeding her the bottle, hearing her gulping it down as if it would be her last meal. Y/n smiled sweetly from across the table and frowns when Leon's phone rings. "Could you answer that? Might be about Talia..."

His lover nods and eagerly stands up to grab the clear device before answering and putting it on speaker. "This is the Kennedy residence." He sends the dirty blonde, nearly brown haired male a playful wink which was only returned by the man.

"Hello, may I speak to the..." they go quiet for a moment, unsure what to say exactly. "Head of the family?" Y/n covers his mouth with a chuckle and holds the phone to the other.

"This is Leon speaking, how can I help you?" He asks, failing and unable to hide the smile on his lips. Even Talia seemed to get a little giggle out of the whole scene.

"Ah good, Mr. Kennedy we have word on the decision that will be made soon. Would you like to set up a date to show up?" Her voice brought away the two's excitement, but Leon gingerly passed the little girl over and took the phone out of the room.

"You'll be little Talia Marie Kennedy soon~" he cooes and a gummy smile finds her lips. His heart melts further the moment a laugh escapes her. She goes back to suckling on her bottle as his eyes travel to the doorway nervously. "At least I hope so..."

After the call with them ended Leon was instantly called by Hunnigan. "Oh for... yes?" He peers at the screen, watching her face change in confusion. "What?"

"You seem aggravated today, did something happen?" The look of concern in her eyes brought him to a calmer state, she always did seem to care about his emotional and mental well-being.

"I'm alright, just got a call from the Government telling me when the court date is to adopt Talia." He responds, then freezes in place.

"Talia? Leon... you don't need another pet... you already have Jack." He lets out a genuine laugh for a moment, amused at her response.

"Talia isn't a dog Hunnigan, it's a little girl some random woman left on our doorstep." He explains and enters the kitchen. Y/n looks to him quickly, after having dazed out briefly.

"What did they say? Oh? Who's that?" His questions bring a small smile to his lips as he turned the phone around to reveal Y/n innocent, lost puppy face with Talia staring up at him cutely. Hunnigan fights back the urge to comment on how adorable to duo was, and simply chose to greet them instead.

"I see she isn't a dog like you said..." She began and averted her gaze from the screen, tapping the keyboard as her attention left the screen entirely to go to another part of it. Eyes dancing over the words as she typed. "Talia Thorn. Age is... she's awfully young... not even a year yet..." she shakes her head and glazes at the two in the screen before Leon finally moved it back. Her gaze went back to the information, "father is deceased and mother is currently unable to be located. Looks like she meant for you to have her and had made plans a while ago..."

Y/n looked down at the tiny girl in his arms. "Even better to hold her as close as we can... give her the life she needs and deserves." The smile that found his face brought a similar one to Leon's. The sight made Hunnigan happy, knowing Leon finally found the inner peace he'd needed for years.

She clears her throat and shakes her head quickly, "we've got another mission Leon... I know that right now is no where close to an ideal time to take you away from home, but this is life or death. A young woman around the age of twenty-three years old."

(I was gonna use Ashley, but because the current year in the fanfic is 2024 she'd be around forty- fucking forty- she was born in 1984... fucking Christ Capcom- Papi Leon is roughly forty-seven now in the fic-)

He sighs and looks hopelessly at his lover before drowning like a little boy. "And I have to go right now?" The look of distress made her heart swell with guilt that wasn't even because of her. She didn't have a choice in this matter and neither did Leon.

"By tomorrow at the very least. I won't force you away from them right this moment. It's morning after all... I'll keep you posted on any updates we get throughout the day." With that she hung up and sighed quietly. "Damnit... if I had known I wouldn't have mentioned this to him..." she goes to stand up, straightening out her uniform and looking around the empty room. "To make matters worse... I'm the last one they haven't caught..."