~Chapter Forty-Nine~

SecondYou looked towards the door curiously, wondering if Leon had read her the story

Second
You looked towards the door curiously, wondering if Leon had read her the story. You close your eyes for a moment and open the book to the recent page and begin to read the story. Talia seemed more interested now that you were reading to her, having missed the soothing sound of her father's voice.

Peace enveloped the home, Leon entering silently to watch you as you read. Leaned against the doorframe he stared over the two of you, eyes dancing over your features as he memorized them over again as if he'd never done it before. Finally after a minute, the book had been finished and you set it aside to instead teach Talia new things. You climb from the chair onto the floor, on the little mat on the ground for her to have some sort of tummy time to make sure her muscles grow strong.

She'll get that trait from the both of you, and that idea you were certain of. Her little eyes followed your movements as you laid there on your stomach with the little girl, keeping a good time to stop the session for the day in your head like a personal alarm. Leon smiles, staring over at you in awe before walking closer and sitting down next to the two of you.

"My babies~" he begins with a small, cheeky grin.

"Eat shit~" you reply jokingly with a grin afterwards. Leon's nose scrunches up and he pretends to gag.

"That's disgusting Y/n!" He mocks you with his tone, then refuses to meet your eyes as if he were silently scolding you. You snort and nudge his thigh with the top of your head, acting like a cat that craves to be pet. Finally after a moment he acquiesced with a sigh and laid on his back.

Little movements could be heard and the two turned to see the baby crawling closer to them as best as she could though ever so slowly. It would be one little movement every five to six minutes before she bumped her head on Leon's bicep and giggles into the air.

"Aww! You did it baby! Good job sweetheart~" you cheer her on with the most supportive and excited voice before sighing. You lock eyes with your fiancé and smile shyly, "we're fucked."

Leon closes his eyes and briefly nods, "yes. Yes we are." You laugh, though quickly cover your mouth to help suppress it. He shakes his head in disappointment at your actions before sitting up and lifting the baby into his arms and staring down to her steel eyes.

Her soft grey hair was growing quite quickly, much to the two men's surprise. Her hands clasped Leon's thumb and brought it to her mouth, much to the dirty blonde's distain. You smile sheepishly as she pretends to bite his finger with her little gums, even going so far as to attempt an imitation of an animal.

"Please don't eat my finger..." Leon's mumbles, taking his thumb back and making the little Talia pout. She lets out a broken sniffle, which causes your heart to ache and offer your own finger in its stead. Her eyes sparkle as she holds your hand and nibbles on your finger. "Don't eat his finger either..."

"Shhh Leon. Let her have her fun you heartless man~" you tease, kissing his cheek gently. A content sigh leaves his lips as he wraps an arm around your waist and pulls you closer to himself.

The three of you enjoy a calm silence before the clatter of nails against the floor is heard, Jack appearing soon after with a peaceful look on his face. His icy blue eyes scan the little child before licking her cheek gingerly, a sign of greeting before he laid on his side next to the trio.

His head was turned towards the baby, staring over her protectively like loyal dogs always do. Her arrival must have awakened his more gentle side and made him a big softie like he acts now.

"The family is all right here~" You smile, laying your head on Leon's shoulder and breathe comfortably. Leon closes his eyes for a moment, thinking about what Hunnigan had told him; how she had agreed to hide him from the government and most Chris. She was the friend Leon needed more than anything at this moment.

His device rings, breaking the peace. He sighs and reaches for it, from his back left pocket. It's snatched from the pocket by an irritated Y/n and slid across the room from them all.

Third
He turns back to Leon with a sheepish expression before speaking, "I'm tired of us being interrupted by that fucking thing." He explains, laying his head back on Leon's shoulder. The blonde chuckles deeply, kissing his lover's head.

"Yeah well... you can shoot it when we move back to the countryside..." he mumbled, making the (h/c) haired male smile happily.

"Seriously?" Y/n asks, tilting his head to look to his lover. Leon stared into the (e/c) irises that watch him back happily. "I could use the target practice~"

"If you need it, why not?" Leon questions, though in truth it sounded more like a statement. He holds the two close and let's out a tired sigh.

"You'll help teach me, yeah?" Y/n asks, feeling Leon's head shift in a way of agreeing to the idea. Blonde hair rubbed gently against the male's nose and caused him to chuckle contently. "I'd like that..."

A Week Later!
Y/n was fixing up the bed, folding the blanket and adjusting the pillows neatly as he always did by habit. Strong, muscular arms wrap around him from behind and a head is placed in his shoulder blades. Leon breathes in his lovers scent and closes his eyes completely.

It had been three days since they moved back here, back with Alice and her family. The family worked day and night, mostly all the male's and Jack included. The dog had mostly helped Y/n grab whatever tool he mumbled and pointed to politely.

The house had gotten finished and the couple had moved in, all within a week. The duo, alone in the bedroom, shared their morning affection as they did and went to little Talia's bedroom. Which looked nearly the same as when they lived in the other home.

She and little Cole got along well, going so much as to see each other as siblings in a way while pertaining to being illegitimate cousins. Y/n lifted the girl into his arms and let her sleeping form lay on his torso, head rested comfortably on his right shoulder as he headed off into the kitchen.

(You all seem to really love this story huh? XD 😌 thank you for reading and waiting for the next chapter without screeching unholily at me~)