:Chapter Thirty-Seven:

Leon
After he vanished and I was left alone I felt as though my chest tightened. My phone rang and for once I leapt at it, answering and holding it to my ear without looking who it was. "Agent Leon Kennedy."

"Finally you answer. I've got your boyfriends location. He's got a tracker he turned on. There's a problem though, he keeps moving around." Hunnigan's voice filled his ears.

"Is he evading the B.S.A.A still?" My question made her pause, typing quickly on the keyboard.

"He's heading towards the airport. I'm not sure where he's going, but Y/n's up to something." Her words suddenly go quiet. "Wait... wait hold on." Suddenly the aggressive typing gets faster. "I was just sent coordinates to some remote village in the middle of nowhere in Europe."

"From who?" I hear a sigh fall from her lips.

"Chris Redfield." Fell from her lips faster than he could register.

"Chris? Why Chris?" I look around my apartment in curiosity.

"He thinks Ada is bringing him there for samples of whatever might remain of the mold spores." Her words brought an ache in my heart. She was going to drag him into her mess and he's never come back to me. "From what I can..." she's cut off. "Ah, transferring call to you now. Sorry Leon. Chris is on the line."

I groan, hating most of today. "Chris?"

"Leon I know where they're going. It's a game of cat and mouse. I questioned the people working in the news and they reportedly said Ada talked about the village I had gone to in order to bring down Miranda." His deep voice only added on to my irritation.

"I don't understand, why would they go there?" He doesn't give me a response, instead barks orders at his men. "Chris!" I snap, "why would they go there?"

"Because will think there is a connection between the T-Virus in his body... and the mold." The call suddenly gets cut off and I'm left alone in silence.

"Connected...?" My head raced.

"We'll need to be careful Leon, for whatever reason... during the live video, his teeth weren't the same. Neither was his skin completion. It seemed more pale than before." Hunnigan's voice was calm and collected, as if on the verge of angering a beast.

"I have to get him back!" I stood up abruptly, handing up the call and looking around my apartment. I needed to see him in person, I had no other choice save to play the pawn in whatever game Ada was playing. That's the only way I'd get him back.

A month later! (At the destroyed village site!)
Y/n
I followed after Ada quietly, being guided around for hours upon hours. We had run-ins with the people hunting us, but it felt like a little game we were playing now. Running around and hiding from them was more fun then I thought originally. Then I thought about Leon and stopped walking, looking around us. He was alright, I knew that much. I missed him dearly, wanting nothing more than to find him and stay with him where Ada never did.

She snaps her fingers, just as more agents filed into the open and surrounded us. She growls through her teeth and drew a gun, her grapple gun as always. Through all the faces I reeled back when I saw Leon's among the crowd. "Y/n!" She snarls, grabbing my left wrist and tugging me closer. "We have to go!"

She grappled off, leaving me to risk being shot on site. I heard boots hitting the dirt and stone behind me, and shifted in time to catch the gun before it struck me. I 'tsk' and shove Chris back with enough force to temporarily set off his balance. Yet I don't follow up with an attack, I don't do people dirty. I wasn't my father.

"Hello, Chris." I greet him formally, seeing his eyes soften at the sight.

"Don't move from that spot." He speaks, though his tone lacks a meaningful tone. He wasn't ordering that. He didn't expect me to stay, and yet I did. I stepped towards him, offering my hand to aid him. He stared for a moment before his calloused hand merged with my own, dragging him back to his feet.

The air around us grew thick with tension, which only aided any anxiety moving through my systems. I stepped back from him, then turned my head back towards Leon. I could see him almost squirm under my gaze.

He takes a single step closer before rushing towards me. I smile a little, though it leaves my face and I hang my head. I take a step backwards and pull out my own grapple gun. He stops a foot in front of me, eyes pleasing and full of both fear and anger. "Leon." I greeted the overly dirty blonde. He looked exhausted and seemed to want to return home with me.

"Don't..." his voice is quiet, throat sounding scratchy. "Please don't go..." he holds my hand and I frown, looking towards it. "Don't leave again."

I purse my lips and take my hand back, instead putting it gently on his cheek. "Leon... I'd stay if I could."

"You can." Chris retorts, snatching away Leon's attention. "Just a few tests. Then you can go home."

Leon leaned into my palm, looking deep into my (e/c) colored hues. "Don't leave again..."

There was a tug at my chest and I lightly kissed the top of his head. A few disgusted sounds were heard as well as some supportive as well filling the air around us. "Leon I would stay if I could. You really don't understand. I'm being..." I tilt my head to the side. "I'm being watched. I..." I take in a deep breath and take my hand back. "I have to go." I aim the gun, only for him to hug onto my torso.

"At least tell me where you're going..." his voice is quiet for a second or so.

"Castle Demitrescu." I replied quickly, kissing him gently before shooting the hook and following quickly after Ada. Once I was away I sighed and crouched down, glancing over the edge at Leon who stared back in silence. A hand grasps my shoulder and tugs me back harshly, which I knew would scare the poor blonde.