-Chapter Fifty-Two-

Third (seems easier to write for me... :) Also almost to 4K reads? Nice! Two more chapters and it's a tie between stories!)
The four, plus little Talia remained in the kitchen for twenty minutes before Leon finally entered with the mysterious stranger. "Now can we learn who this man is?" Y/n asks, cocking a brow upward in curiosity. Leon doesn't reply, simply walks past his lover and back towards the beer he'd previously abandoned.

Y/n simply went quiet, shifting Talia in his arms and waiting for a response. He always got one after all. "Tell them what you're here for."

"Ah yes... I'm here from a secret organization to offer you-"

"I already have Ada, no thank you to whatever it is." He denies, hugging the small baby that giggles loudly. He had developed a small scruff and never got around to shaving it, though it was nowhere near close to a beard.

"But-" he simply waves him off.

"I'm sorry if that's not the answer you wanted. Now shoo, I've a family to take care of." Leon stared at his lover through the corner of his eyes, curious as to what Y/n's sudden denial was. It was after all supposed to be a test to check his loyalty to mankind.

"Of course!" He sends Leon a glance, locking eyes with him before leaving the house.

It grew silent and for a while it became awkward between everybody. "I'm gonna take a shower." Leon speaks up suddenly, leaving the room. Rebecca stands up, pushing in her chair as the other three do the same.

As Leon goes out of earshot, or even just out of vision, Rebecca places her hands on his shoulders. "Let us know if he does something he normally wouldn't." She slipped a piece of paper into his hand and he turned to her.

"Is this why you visited? How..." he glances towards the door seeing Chris glance inside. "What do you mean by different?" The heavy boots walked closer, though at a careful pace. The brunette stood face to face with the tall (h/c) male. "Chris..." he sends him a small nod.

Rebecca was the only force standing between them, yet there was no tension to hide from. "Leon acted dodgy when you jumped out of the helicopter that day... we suspect something may have happened. We're taking precautions to keep you and the other family here safe. It may just have been his nerves getting to him."

"He's just a grumpy old man who hasn't gotten laid in years, he's fine~" Y/n teases, glancing towards where Leon had walked off.

"He's never... you mean the entire time you've been around each other you've never...? Really?" He blinks, surprised by the patience in Leon that Chris simply didn't know he had. "Wow..."

"Is that such a surprise to you Mr. Redfield?" The male asks, shifting Talia in his arms again. Her steel eyes gaze over to meet the brunette's. He smiles towards her and a giggle leaves her lips. Y/n chuckles through his nose. "What a flirt..."

A chuckle leaves Chris' nose as he averts his gaze completely, "how have you been anyway? We've gotten on the wrong sides of each other too often." He looks into Y/n's eyes, staying a somewhat distanced state away from him. Physically.

"I've been very good, content with how life has treated me. Even despite everything, I still like how my life has developed. It's been tough, but I've grown from it." He kisses the small girl's forehead before glancing around himself. A smile finds his lips, "I've made plenty of friends. I'll have a husband soon, a daughter in my arms. There's nothing else I need, why ask for more when all I'll ever want is right next to me?"

Respect flashed in the brunette's eyes, he nods in an agreeing manner. "People like us have become resilient. We don't need to rely on anybody else for anything."

"That's right, we're independent and strong. Together were a force to be reckoned with!" Y/n's determination was shown in his eyes and actions, showing just how true to those words he felt.

Timeskip!
Twenty minutes had passed and the group became filled with laughter. This joy died down the moment Leon entered the kitchen shirtless. He stares at everyone quietly before taking the towel from his hands and wrapping it over his shoulders to hide his upper body. "Don't stare at me!"

"Why not? It's not like I haven't seen your torso~"

"Not you! Them!" He moves closer and engulfed the larger male into the towel with him, heat merging into the male's clothed body. He hums in joy, leaning against the standing male.

Then he noticed Chris, going quiet before his arms wrapped around his lover tightly. He stared Chris down like an animal, almost as if he were cornered and desperate. "Relax~ he's not gonna do us any harm Leon..." Y/n speaks up, reaching a hand up to Leon's wet hair and twirling a strand between his fingers.

"He's right, I don't intend to ruin this happy life of yours. It's the first time you've been genuinely happy that I could see in person." Chris leans back in the chair he had sat down in, watching the two while Rebecca held Talia gingerly.

The small baby was nibbling on her finger, staring up at her curiously. "Her little teeth are growing." She says suddenly, looking around quietly.

"I know~" Y/n gushes suddenly, "she's growing up too fast!" He stands up, leaving Leon to cover himself up and look towards everyone else.

"What we're all of you still doing here? Didn't you come for the blood sample?" His brow furrowed as Y/n walks over to the brunette female and hands her a little teething ring for Talia to chew on instead of her finger.

"Well..." Chris begins, catching both male's attention. "We're here because of another thing too."

"And what would that be?" Both lovers ask at once.

"Ada said something on the helicopter. About it being the first of several injections. I was wondering if-"

"It's to keep the virus calm, I already told her I'd be here. There's two more injections after the original a few weeks ago..." he places his hands on the table and sighs quietly. "Just wish it would only have been one. I'm tired of being stuck with needles..."