9. Mirth

"May I come in?" She gently tapped on the slightly ajar door of Shavez's office.

"Of course, a very good morning to you," Zaki greeted cheerfully, his warm smile matched by his busy hands organizing files for an imminent meeting.

"Assalamualaikum," She stepped in wearing a soft smile behind her veil, her eyes moving from Zaki to Shavez.

"Walekumsalam," Shavez responded, his attention fully absorbed in the task before him. He continued aligning the files, counting them meticulously to ensure all were in order.

Remembering her earlier offer, She suggested, "Would you like some coffee at least?"

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea," Zaki agreed, looking up from the files momentarily.

After fetching the cups of coffee, She stood at a comfortable distance, her presence a subtle acknowledgment that they were engaged in important work.

"Did you call for me, Sir?" her voice carried a note of curiosity, a gentle reminder of her presence in the room.

"Yes," Shavez replied, glancing up briefly with a slight smile before returning to his task.

Zaki, who had been arranging the files on the table, leaned back in his chair, interjecting, "We have good news and a bit of... let's say 'challenging news.'"

A furrow appeared on Haya's forehead, a concern lacing her expression. "What's the challenging news?"

"Ah, don't worry too much. It's not as dire as it might sound," Zaki reassured her with a playful grin.

"No need to fret, it's not actually challenging news. Just Zaki's way of phrasing things," Shavez chimed in, finally setting the last file in place with a sigh of satisfaction.

"So, what's the actual challenging news?" Haya chuckled softly, her worry visibly easing.

"Let's first hear the good news," Zaki suggested, excitementm playing in his orbs.

She turned her attention to Adnan, who had entered into the the room just then with a confident stride. "May I?" he asked, motioning towards the chairs in front of Shavez's desk.

"Go ahead," Shavez welcomed him, his gaze shifting from the files to Adnan.

"We've secured a significant contract," Adnan began, his voice carrying a tone of triumph. "Shehna's is highly impressed with our designs and they're interested in establishing a long-term partnership with us."

"Shehna's? You mean the famous Shehna's? That's incredible!" Haya exclaimed, her eyes widening with surprise and excitement. Shehna's was a renowned garment showroom in the city.

"Indeed, 'The Shehna's' itself," Faiza added as she entered the room from behind them, her smile mirroring Haya's astonishment.

"Oh my God, I can't believe this," She whispered, her surprise quite evident in her voice.

"But you should believe it, because it's true," Faiza said, her tone light and filled with joy.

"So, what's the challenging news then?" Curiosity piqued, she asked.

"They've set a tight timeline for us," Zaki explained, leaning back in his chair. "We have less than a week to prepare."

Her eyebrows arched in surprise, her lips parting slightly. "A week? That's too less of a time, it'll be difficult..."

"But not impossible," Shavez added. "We have a capable team."

"I suppose so," she agreed, with determination. "I have faith in our collective effort."