26. I'm not leaving you

Tessa's POV:

I told him, I finally told him. It's like a huge weight has been lifted. I even told him about the video, and the only one who knew was Scarlett and Michelle, my therapist. I can't believe I told him that.

But what surprised me more is when he started crying, he's never cried to my knowledge.

"What do you mean he's back?" Hardin asks. "I don't know, Beth, our prosecutor, called them when I was at your house," I say honestly. "Is that why you had a panic attack and fainted?" he asks.

I look at my hands. "Yes."

He puts two fingers underneath my chin and lifts up face to look in his eyes. They're red. "Please don't be ashamed of that. Tell me what you were feeling when you found out," he tells me.

"I felt-." I take a deep breath. "Scared and betrayed, I guess."

"And that's completely normal Tess," Hardin reassures me. I sigh. "I just don't want all my hard work, to go down the drain."

"And it won't baby, cause you're family and friends will be here to make sure it doesn't." I nod then break out into a smile. "Baby, huh." He rolls his eyes smiling. "Yeah baby."

"But Tess I'll protect you, I promise," he says sincerely. My smile drops and my eyes start welling up again.

I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my head into his shoulder. He wraps his arms around my waist and tries to soothe me.

After a few minutes I've calmed down and someone knocks on the door. We pull away, I wipe my tears off. Hardin lays beside me.

"Come in," I say loud enough so they hear me. They open the door and walk in. It's Scarlett, Brandon, my mom, Trish and Melissa.

"Hey, Tessa," they all say, except Mel. "Hi," I respond back with a small wave.

Melissa closes the door behind them and stands in the corner. Ugh.

"Tessa we need to talk about the situation we're in again," my mom says cautiously. "I already told him, mom," I tell her. She nods and sits in the chair beside me.

"With there's a possibility that you could get taken again, you can't be alone unless you're at the house with someone."

I don't like the idea of someone always being around me but I know it's for my safety. I nod.

"That goes for Scarlett and Melissa too."

"What?" Melissa asks surprised.

Trish sighs, "She's right Melly." Mel scoffs, "What does the fact that she's fucked, have to do with me."

"It's for your safety Mel," Trish tells her. I'm guessing mom told her. Melissa scoffs again and walks out the room. Trish and Brandon sighs.

Brandon looks at me pleading. I nod, giving him permission to tell her. He gives me an half nod thanking me, then runs after Melissa.

He's lucky I'm not selfish like his girlfriend, or I would've told him to break up with her a long time ago.

I sigh, laying my head on Hardin's chest. He kisses my forehead.

Scarlett comes and sits at me feet, looking at her lap. She grabs my hands, not saying anything.

"Scar?" I look at her questionablely.

She looks at me. Her eyes are glossy and tears are streaming down her face.

"Can you guys give us the room a second," I ask them.

They all nod, Hardin kisses my forehead one more time, saying I love you, before getting up and walking out of the room with our moms.

I sit up all the way. She sits closer to me holding my hands tightly.

"Scar, what's wrong."

Suddenly she starts sobbing uncontrollably. "I'm scared, Tess. I am so scared that I'm going to lose you. Last time I came really close and I don't know if I can handle it again."

I lean over to her and pull her into a tight hug. She crys into my shoulder.

"Shh. Shhhh," I try to sooth her.

"I-I just can't lose you. Not again," she crys out.

Tears start coming out of my eyes, as I tighten my arms around her. After a while I pull away slightly, wiping her tears. Her eyes are red, I'm sure mine are too. "I'm not going anywhere, Scar. Okay, I'm here and I'm never leaving you." *ForEsHadOwInG*

"Promise?" She hiccups. I shake my head, "You know I can't promise that babe." She nods understandably, hiccuping. We both go back into the hug.

--‐---‐‐-------

Poor Hardin and Scarlett 💔🥺

My babies🥺💔

Ugh Melissa

Adding two more POV's next chapter!!!🥰

Is everything gonna to stay the same or is everything gonna change for the worst?

Is Tessa going to be ok?

What's gonna happen??

Hope you like it -PayPay 😌🥰