48. Coming home

Hardin's POV:

I'm standing here euth the cops when Tessa's name is pops up on my screen.

I freeze. I call Brandon and Carol over. They both freeze also when they see her name on the screen.

"Answer it!" Carol tells me. I answer it and put the phone to my ear.

"Tess?" I say into the phone. "Hey baby," I hear my girls sweet voice.

"How do I know this you?" I ask her.

I need to know that she's in a safe situation. So we came up with code phases with song artists.

I'm okay is Ariana Grande

Help is Billie Eilish

I need you is Luke Combs

"Kill" someone is Michael Jackson

and I'm okay but come get me is Olivia Rodrigo

Not the best way to disguise it but it works.

My girls sweet giggles fill the phone. "I don't know what was the last song I listened to was but I know it was Ariana Grande," she says.

I sigh in relief, she's okay.

Carol and Brandon look at me funny. "She's okay," I tell them. They sigh in relief and tell the cops.

"Okay, but are you seriously okay, love?" I ask her.

"Yeah baby, I'm perfectly fine," she tells me. I smile into the phone. I'm so happy to hear her voice.

"Hey Hardin!" I hear a familiar voice yell though the phone. Oh my God, that's-

Carter runs up to me with a surprised happy look on his face.

I sigh in relief. They're both okay. "Hey Samie," I say.

"You sound happy to hear my voice, Scott," she says cockly. I scoff, rolling my eyes, "Yeah whatever."

I hear her annoying giggle over the phone. "Just give Tessa the phone," I tell her. She sighs.

Cater rolls his eyes, with a smile, walks away. He has to call Sam's parents, they're still trying to get back from their trip.

"Hello my love," my girls says. "Where are you?" I ask her.

"I don't really know," she laughs "but I do know that we're two hours away," she tells me.

"Wait, two hours!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, I was five in an a half hours away. But I have been driving for three hours and thirty minutes," she says kinda proudly.

"When was the last time you slept?" I ask her. Knowing her, she hasn't since yesterday. Like me. "Well," she clears her throat "the nap we took after the game would be the last time," she says. "Right?" she questions more to herself. "Right."

"Sorry it's been a long day," she sighs. I can imagine her running her hand over her face.

"You don't have to apologize baby," I tell her. "Just get some sleep, okay."

"I can't, I still have an hour left," she says, sighing.

"Just let Sam drive," I tell her.

"No, Sam has had to much stress," she tells me. "Plus I'm not going to sleep anyways, I can't sleep without you remember," I hear the car, they're in, start up.

I know she's not going to let her drive. "Fine just stay on the phone," I tell her. "Okay," she responds.

I tell the cops to track her phone, so they can follow the route she's on. So they can maybe get the bastards who took her.

Tess and I spoke the entire time while she drove. I talked to Sam and Jordan also.

We decided not to talk about what happened til they got over here.

I wanted to drive up and meet her. But Tessa said that'll just be more driving.

They'll be here on thirty minutes. I can't wait to see her.

Wait. Oh my God!

-----------

Sorry for the short chapter

Ahahahahahahah

I'm excited for them to see each other!!

Yayayayayayyayay

Love yous -PayPayB❤😊