35. I'm what?

Hardin's POV:

It's been three weeks since the candy incident, and everything's been great.

We haven't been trying to think about the entire situation to be honest.

I'm happy that Tess and Mel are friends again, even though it's not what it used to be.

I think Michael is still upset with Scarlett and Melissa is still upset with Brandon. I don't know what's going on with that whole thing, I know Tessa knows but she promised Scarlett she wouldn't say anything about it and I respect that.

I honestly don't know what the big deal is, it's not like Scarlett and Brandon had sex while they were dating them. But it's none of my business.

Currently we are sitting in History, listening to this young teacher with an annoying voice. I'm playing with Tess's hand.

Suddenly everyone's phones goes off at the same time, which is never a good sign.

Ms. Brown holds her arms up in the 'what the fuck' stance as we all check our phones. It's a photo.

*Please just pretend this is an actual document*

What. This. This can't be real. I look up and look at Tess, she's looking at me. There are gasps coming from all over the room.

Mel suddenly grabs her things and bolts out the room. Tessa and I grab our things and follow her out.

"Mel!" I yell out to her. She stops. Tessa and I run up to catch up to her.

She turns around slowly. "I'm ok," she says hesitantly.

"Mel," Tessa says sadly.

"I'm just going to go home," she says. "I need to know."

"Okay," I say hesitantly. "I'll see you at home, then." She nods then walks out the main door.

"What if she really is adopted?" my girl asks wrapping her arms around my waist, laying her head on my chest. "I don't know baby," I tell her honestly wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

Melissa's POV:

I get in my car and drive home. Yes, I have a car. I just usually drive with Brandon but we've been in the outs lately.

You see I'm not mad because he didn't tell me that him and Scarlett used to have sex. I'm upset because he refused to tell me that they had an extreme sexual bond. Also keep in mind that they are the best of friends. Plus anytime I ever asked him if something did happen between them, he always denied so I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to be a little mad about this.

I get home and walk in. I see my mum sitting on the couch. She looks away from the TV and sees me.

"Sweetie, what's wrong? Why aren't you at school?" she asks worriedly.

I take a deep breath. "Mum, I need to ask you something and I need you to answer honestly," I tell her seriously. "Can you also call dad?"

She looks surprised. "Yeah, sure sweetheart." She grabs her laptop, which is infont of her and video calls him.

I sit beside her, waiting for him to answer. After ten seconds he answers.

"Hello Trish, is everything okay?" he asks. "I don't know," mum says. "Ask your daughter." She hands me the computer.

"Hey sweetie, what's wrong?" he asks me.

I take a deep breath. "I need to ask you both something and you both have ti answer me honestly."

"Okay," he says slowly.

"Am I adopted?" I ask straight forward.
"I got sent a certificate of adoption earlier, so."

They look extremely surprised. "So, am I?"

"Honey," my dad says. He sighs. I look at my mom and sees looking at her lap.

"Just tell me, yes or no."

"Yes," my mum whispers. I turn towards her. "You are adopted."

"How about I skip this work trip and come see you guys," my dad says.

Dad. Should I even call him that now.

Without saying a word, I walk out the house. Trish is saying something but I can't hear. I get into my car and drive to the one place I can go.

---------------

So yeah.

Awww poor Mel.

Where is Melissa going?

Who's going to find her?

Why was she adopted?

Will she be ok?

Hope you like it -PayPay❤🔥