4. The Deal

Hardin's POV:

I get back to the house and there running around like crazy people. I put the stuff in the kitchen.

"Hardin," my mum calls from the living room. "Yes," I say walking into the living room. "We're having people over," she says. "Yeah I heard," I say interrupting her. She glares at me and says, "So go get the rest your stuff in packed, and then when your done help me and your sister." "Whatever," I say rolling my eyes and going back to my room.

It takes an hour to finish unpacking my stuff. After I go talk to Melissa.

"Hey Melly," I say. "Oh god what do you want," she says. "What do you mean, I say in a sarcastic surprised tone. "You only call me 'Melly' when you want something, so what do you want," she says seriously. "I saw Tessa today," I say.

Her face immediately turns blank. "What did she say," she asks with her jaw clinching. "Nothing as I was going to talk to her you called me," I say. "Good," she says. What do you mean 'Good'," I asked confusedly. "You didn't talk to her which means she doesn't know we're back and we don't have to see her here at all," she says in an 'matter of fact' tone.

"So your really just going to avoid her," I say. Yes and so are you, she says. "Wait what, why do I have to avoid her," I say knowing the answer. "Because of the-," I cut her off and finish for her, "the deal yeah yeah I know." "Great now, let's go finish unpacking before the guests the here, their coming at 5," she says getting up and walking around the room. I heavily sigh and walk out behind her.

It takes three hours to get everything unpacked and cleaned up. My mum and Melissa order pizza for us because her and the mum of the people that are coming over are going out, and I go to my room and read a book.

After ten minutes I go down stairs and get something to drink, and Melissa is in the kitchen.

"Hey Mel," I say. "No I'm not changing my mind," she says. I sigh, "Why not." "You know what she did to me," she says raising her voice a like bit.

"Actually I don't," I look in her eyes and take a deep breath. "All you know is what some rumors people told you, right," I say and she nods. "And what you did to her was way worse and you know it," I continue. "That maybe true but why wouldn't she just tell me unless she has something to hide," she says.

Oh my god.

"You do realize that she didn't and still doesn't have to tell you everything right," I ask raising my eyebrows. She rolls her eyes and says, "It doesn't matter now does it I believe that she did it end of story." She takes a deep breathe and says, "No matter what you say will change my mind so don't try to."

And with that the door bell rings and she goes to get it. I run my fingers through my hair.

I'm about to go back upstairs when I hear two people yell out, "What the hell are you doing here."

I go to the door and I see who it is. Oh shit. Why me? Why today?

-----------------

I saw we reached 60 in theboynxtdoor that's crazy.

Sorry this took so long I wasn't feeling well but I'm a little better so here you go.

Sorry for another short chapter.

What is "The Deal" and what does it have to do with anything?

What does Melissa think Tessa did?

What did Melissa do?

Why won't Melissa let Hardin speak ir talk to Tessa?

Who was at the door?

What's going to happen?