Fearful bravery

"Sendak's forces remain at bay but without meaningful supply line were slowly being suffocated," Sam lead a meeting as everyone was in uniform including the alteans and Paladins, with commanders, officers and generals listening to the scientist.

"No one else is putting up a fight against Sendak?" Shiro asked.

"Small under ground pockets of resistance have attempted to do so so with varying degrees of success," Veronica stood with sam.

"Eventually all were discovered and systematically wiped out, earths offensive capabilities simply don't stand a change against the galra," she explained as the Paladins felt guilty for being gone for so long, it was partly their fault.

"Why don't we bring more people into this base?" Hunk asked.

"We had to put a halt on our extraction ops as they were proving to be too risky," Sam told him calmly.

"But there are good people out there, they could be protected," he responded wide eyes, he meant his family and it was obviously getting him emotional.

"We know, I'm sorry," Sam nodded gently understanding the pain.

"But if we have an opportunity-" "do Paladins not user stand the chain of command?" A cadet snarled at hunk from the other side.

"Your CO said it was to dangerous," James Griffin told him sharply.

"Officer Griffin that is enough," Sam defended.

Lance put a hand on his friends shoulder sadly.

"It's going to be okay, we'll find them," lance said quietly.

"We all have family out there but we have to weigh our options, we can't lose ten people to save twelve," Sam nodded.

"Then let's find out what we can do," Allura raised her hand softly.

"You said you've integrated altean tech with earths weaponry?" She asked curiously. They've had years to have a system that works, they had to start with something by now.

-

The Paladins were lead down an elevator as Sam explained the MFE ships and their power source, Coran and him spoke of solutions of the concerns they ran into. They stepped out of the elevator and saw a ship that was probably bigger than the castle of lions, much larger.

"This ship is large enough to house all the lions and an entire command unit," Sam motioned to the ship as they stood by.

"It's built but it can't fly," sanda made her way over with her own colleagues.

"And there's a subject we can't avoid any longer, Sendak attacked earth because of the lions, and now they're here," she took charge as everyone looked at the admiral.

"We at least need to discuss our options,"

"Are you suggesting we willing hand over the lions to the galra?" Shiro narrowed his eyes.

"Our supplies are gone, we spent all our resources on a ship that doesn't fly, the weapons we do have are not enough to mount an attack," Sandra glared back at him.

"All we can do is protect a small pocket of earth, but for how much longer?" She hissed.

"The universe needs the lions," Sam defended.

"So does earth, theyre our only bargaining chip," she snapped back.

"We have Lotor," Allura mumbled but lance nudged her glaring since no one else heard her.

"I agree with the admiral," a man stepped in.

"Earth has nearly been destroyed, countless citizens have been lost, but it could be all over if we give up the lions," he nodded.