Discussions

"So what do we need to talk about?" Pidge asked as everyone was on the bridge while the generals and the Paladins where separated while Allura and Lotor stood in front almost as they also blended with their friends.

"I have to go back to the rebels to help, with zarkon gone there's going to be chaos, throwing battles against the galra cause they're weak right now," Matt stepped up as Pidge snapped her head to him.

"What about blue?" She asked confused.

"I think that's why we needed everyone for this conversation," Shiro nodded.

"You talked about this before?" Pidge snapped at Shiro.

"Pidge there's more, the rebels found a lead on dad, the galra is going wild right now so we got some leaks," Matt explained.

"Lotor would you know anything on Samuel holt?" Hunk asked looking up as Pidge was frozen at her brother.

"We can wait on that, but right now, blue doesn't have a paladin, that's the big thing," Shiro looked at her then looked at lance.

"Lance, would you come back to being a paladin again? The universe still needs Voltron," he asked gently as Lance looked at him with his eyes wide but a small scowl.

"Why should I?" He laughed with no humor.

"Because the universe needs us, we need five Paladins," Allura told him softly about to put her hand on his shoulder but Lance stepped back as he was side by side with Zethrid.

"You can find another paladin, there's no evil zarkon you have to worry about," Lance scoffed crossing his arms.

"Lance you have too!" Allura begged.

"No I don't, I'm not a paladin, I never have been... I was just the replacement for someone better to come around, what about coran? O-or someone else," Lance shook his head as he looked down.

"Lance please, we need you back," Allura touched his arm but Lotors large hand on lances shoulder making Allura pull her own back.

"It's his choice," Lotor said softly as Lance turned his body into Lotors just slightly as he stared at them biting his lip.

"Just... Think about it?" Allura asked.

"But you don't want me, you just want a pawn, your not even sorry for what you've done to me, lied, cast out, Allura you've hit me before, you guys verbally hurt me, I-I'm better now... You don't want me as myself, you just want a paladin," Lance looked at them all hurt.

"Hunk said he was sorry... Even pidge apologized, and Matt, but no one else has... But that's okay," Lance slowly smiled at them with a sad smile.

"Cause if you did, that would be another lie,"

Allura covered her mouth as Shiro looked at him with guilt as the altean had tears in her eyes looking at Lance as his smile faded and he looked away.

"No, I'm not coming back to Voltron," he said sternly as he looked at them again with no emotion. It didn't even sound like Lance anymore, not the way he talked to them, but when he's with the galra... There's been louder laughs and bigger smiles with them than they've ever seen.

"Lance," Matt spoke up looking at him kindly.

"Maybe you could sleep on it, this war isn't over, and we need our best fighters on the field, but either way if it's on the ground battle with the galra or in a lion in space with Voltron, we need you either way, because your a damn good fighter and good enough that both sides are just right for you," Matt smiled at him with his hand on his hip.