Holding it together

"How's everyone holding up?" Matt asked as hunk made breakfast for the Paladins but no sign of any generals.

"It's only been a week since zarkons death, I think we're still letting it settle in Matt," Shiro told him gently sitting down next to Allura.

"I mean with the generals, how are they holding up with all of this?" Matt asked rolling his eyes.

"Lance had another night terror last night," Allura sighed.

"He did? Why didn't you wake me up?" Hunk asked immediately confused.

"We didn't want anyone else waking up, it was a bad one last night," Shiro pursed his lips looking down.

Hunk got up from the table as he grabbed some more bowls of goo silently as he made his way out.

"Where are you going?" Pidge raised an eye brow.

"They need to eat too, not their fault their friend almost died," hunk smiled back at them as he exited.

Hunk knocked on the frame of the door as he saw Lance sleeping as he rested his head on acxa's lap as she was sleeping against the wall and Ezor was laying on lances torso on her side while Zethrid had her arms crossed sitting against the pod.
Acxa heard the knock as she woke up rubbing an eye and saw hunk with food.

"Heard about Lance last night, how's Lotor doing?" Hunk asked handed her a bowl as he set the others down on the ground as he ate his own bowl.

"They where told he'd be fine by today, they all have hope," Acxa said flatly looking at the bowl.

"We where going to turn him over to zarkon, u still can't help but feel guilty," she whispered with a sigh.

"Lotors over that, trust me he showed his anger to us much more than you, plus he forgives you guys," hunk smiled at her gently as she ate a silent scoop of goo.

"It was the gash across his chest that's keeping him in there, blood lost," hunk explained noticing her staying quiet.

Acxa nodded looking down at Lance as he rested his hand on her leg with it slightly gripping her, telling him someone was still there with him, that he's not alone.

"Any idea why Lance hasn't been able to really sleep since Lotor and zarkons battle? I mean your all upset and worried but he's taking it the worst and it's always at night, day time he seems like you all," hunk gulped seeing his best friend sleeping soundlessly.

"It's been a very long time since they've slept alone, Lotor and Lance always have gone back to each other after battles, I know they don't always sleep when they go back to their room," she rolled her eyes brushing some of his brown hair away from his eyes.

"I don't need to hear that," hunk frowned.

"No, I could hear them, they'd just talk, even cuddle, but they always be touching some how always, holding hands, hand on shoulder, Lance stands besides Lotors throne and they've hooked pinkies," Ezor smiled as she turned over looking at hunk brightly as she laid on Lance still.

"They're good for each other but they also rely on each other a lot, Lotors pretty independent but if it's a choice it's always Lance, which is good, it's better than vendetta and war, they deserve to be happy," she giggled sitting up grabbing a bowl.

"So Lance just can't sleep because he's alone?" Hunk clarified.

"No, he's always gotten nightmares, just without Lotor and under the circumstances, that's the reason for night terrors instead," she pointed the spook at hunk explaining.

"Yea I don't blame him, I still worry about Shay even though I know she's okay," hunk sighed smiling softly.

Ezor was about to coo at him but Lance gasped sitting up as he clenched his fists catching his breath as they watched him to see him relax for a few seconds.

"Good morning," Ezor dropped her arms on lances shoulders smiling at him.

"It's morning?" Lance rubbed his face looking at her.

"Yep, we have your favorite goo, green and slimy," Ezor teased as Acxa look back her legs rolling her eyes.

"Thanks hunk," Lance smiled with a small gulp as he kept his head down slightly embarrassed of his dramatic awakening.

"Any time buddy," hunk smiled back handing him the bowl while Lance looked back at Lotor.

"Today right? He's going to wake up today?" Lance asked barely a whisper but had hope.

"That's what the scanners say, a week is plenty of time, I mean it took you a day from the explosion and Shiro little bit over 24 hours, I think it was 35?" Hunk put a hand under his chin thinking as Lance smiled back at him.

"Only time will tell," Lance chuckled as he ate a mouthful of goo but made a face in disgust as he forced himself to swallow it.

"We need new goo, it's not suppose to be green," he grumbled poking at the goo frowning.

"What color is it suppose to be?" Ezor whimpered with her mouth full of goo and wide eyes.

"I wanna say blue?" Hunk shrugged.

"Bleh..." She slowly spit it back into the bowl paling slightly as she slowly slid the bowl away from her with her foot.

"I'm not hungry..."