Part 60 ~ The Induction Ball: Pt 1

°• It will Only Hurt For A Moment •°

As I stared at my self in the full length mirror, looking at the corset topped, black, satin ballgown that sat upon my body, contemplating whether or not to jump out of the window that sat infront of me, escaping but ruining the lives of everyone I care about, there was a light knock at my door.

"Its open." I called, not taking my eyes away.

"Hello Potter" a cackling voice greeted behind me, causing anger to build up inside my stomach. I turned slowly, trying not to give her the satisfaction she wants. "What do you want?" I questioned harshly.

The women stood in the door way, her huge curly locks falling messily beside her face, a black messy dress, but for some reason looked elegant, covered all the way to her feet. Her gloved hands grasped a wooden box, the letters S.O.B elegantly engraved on the top.

She scoffed "I wanted to give you this" she presented the box to me, but i didnt take it. "Why would I want to take anything from you?" I asked harshly.

"Your such a foolish girl." Bellatrix insulted, "it's not mine, it's my cousins, Sirius's. Well, it was supposed to be his, but he never had it. It was for when he became a death eater, every family member had one. I thought that maybe you'd like to take it instead."

She cackled at my vague expression "do you want it or not?" She snapped
"No." I bluntly answered "now, may you please leave my room?" She shook her head, placing the box on my table, then proceeding to leave the room.

As the door shut, I tried to risit the erge to open the box, but for some reason it was impossible. I grabbed the box from my table, and sat on my bed. I run my figures along the engraved letters, lifting the lid as I did.

Inside, surrounded by green velvet, sat a beautiful dagger. Its handle black with silver ends, it twisting in centre. The blade sparkled in the light, showing the sharp tip.

I picked it up, holding it carefully in my hands. It felt perfect. Like it was for some reason made for me. Along the blade sat the initials S.0.B. Sirius Orion Black.

I stood up, lifting up the skirt of my gown. Strapped to my thigh was my wand. I know I had no use for it, being an underage wizard, but i always had to have it on me. I loosened it off slightly, tucking the dagger into the strap, the tightening it again, making sure it wouldn't fall.

"I'll definitely have to get a proper one of these." I smirked into the mirror.

"Miss Potter, are you ready?" Asked a little squeaky voice from outside my door. "Yes Desta, I'm coming." I quickly grabbed my masquerade mask, tying it around the back of my head, and headed to the door.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

As I got to the top of the stairs, it all suddenly felt too real. I looked upon the ground below. The women in massive, dark, ballgowns, flowing graciously around the room, their petite masks hiding half there faces. The men in dapper suits, looking smart and sophisticated, the custom death eater masks completely covering theirs.

"Go on My Lady" Desta erged "you'll be fine" she smiled softly and waddled away. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath before heading down the stairs. Soon, every head faced me, and whispers filled the room. Despite having a mask on, everyone seemed to know who i was.

I suddenly became conscious about the scar on my wrist. Guilt rose in my chest, causing it to slightly ache. What was I doing?

"Miss Potter is it?" A voice asked as I reached the bottom of the stairs. I looked up too see a man and a women, there faces covered. The man stuck out his hand "Persueus Parkinson, and this is my wife Patricia." I shock his hand lightly

"its nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Parkinson, I've heard alot about you." I smiled "only good things I hope" the women giggled.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Most of the night was spent be stared at, whispered about and worse, talking to people. Narcissa had found me, and was now dragging me around the hall, trying to persuade people that I was really on their side.

I was stood being talked at by the father of one of the pureblood families, when all of a sudden some one grabbed me wrist and began pulling me away. "Get the fuck off me" I struggled, but nothing worked. I tried to grab the dagger, but the skirt got in the way.

Soon I was being forced to waltz around the room, with a strange guy in a mask. I kept trying to wriggle out of his grip without making a scene, but It was no use. "Stop wriggling" they hissed. "Draco?" I questioned, recognising his voice.

"Yes." He bluntly stated. "Oh thank Merlin" I sighed "I thought you were some creepy pureblud dude." He spun me round, a soft laugh escaping his lips. "Your safe for now Potter."

All of a sudden a dark mist shot across the hall, covering us in a thick fog. It lifted. Draco and I were now standing at the top of the stairs, along with a couple of others, and the Dark Lord himself.

"My devoted followers!" He bellowed "today, is a sacred day. The first of these for a long while. I am so very proud to see all these faces, well masks" the ground chuckled "standing marvelously before me.

"But today's events, are unlike the others we've had before. Today is the day, the women who, along with her cowardly twin, managed to nearly kill me, is now joining me." He turned towards me, holding out a hand.

"Miss y/n Potter!" I took his hand reluctantly, stepping out before the crowd. He leant forward, his breath now close to my ear "the mask" he stepped back, waiting for me to take it off. As I did, hush covered the crowd.

He took my hand once again, pulling it out stretched, revealing my forearm. "Now, I shall present the girl the the mark of Righteousness. The Dark Mark!."

He held his wand to my arm, placing it on it harshly. "It will only hurt for a moment my dear."

I've been so excited to write this part! Alot of planning went into this so that's why it took a little longer, but its bot even got to the good part yet!

The picture at the top is the asthetic of the ball. I really hope you enjoyed it!
~ Emily xx