Chapter 13 - Preparations

°• May I? •°

We were sat in Snapes class room. All the desks were pushed to the side, and we had no idea what was going on. When we came in he showed the girls to the left and the boys to the right.

"So," Snape started "as you all know, the Yule Ball is coming up." Everyone began mumbling. "The ball is infact a dance and you will be expected to dance with your partner." The talking grew louder. Loud, excited squeals coming from the girls, and large groans coming from the boys. "Silence!" He yelled getting everyones attention again. "Everyone has to grab a partner. Girls with the boys and boys with the girls."

I stood up reluctantly. I wasnt one for school balls. We had a yearly one at my old school, but i never went. I looked around trying to find a partner. Pansy was with Blaise, no surprise there, and Theo was with someone else. So that left one person. I locked eyes with him, those damn grey eyes, as he walked up to me. "May I?" Malfoy asked, slightly bowing his head and holding out his hand. I giggled as I curtsied and took it. "Now boys, your left hand should be on the girls waist, and right hand holding theres. Girls, left hand on his shoulder and right hand in theirs."

I shivered a bit when his hand touched my waist. I hadn't spoken to him since last night, so I hoped things weren't going to be awkward. The music began to play as we danced around the class room. I picked it up surprisingly quick, and Malfoy seemed to already know how to do it.

"Your a natural" he complemented,looking deeply into my eyes "so are you" I smiled back. "Well my mother and father forced me to take a couple lessons when I was younger." We span around the class room. We spoke to each other like nothing happend.

It came to the end of the lesson, we formally bowed to each other before walking off to our friends. "How was that?" Pansy asked, walking up to me. "It wasnt too bad." I smiled "it was like nothing happend." "That's odd" Pansy said "he usually holds onto things like that. He never let's things go easily." She explained "that's what I thought" I agreed "but I guess he just let it go."

I was in the great hall studying with my brother and his friends. We weren't supposed to be talking, but obviously Ron couldn't keep to that. He was moaning that he hadn't got a date yet, and that Neville got one before him.
I was sat next to Fred when he passed a note to him. "Who are you going with then?" Ron asked. Fred turned and looked at one of the Griffindor girls opposite him. He made some weird gestures and she surprisingly said yes.

He finally turned to Hermione. "Wait Hermione." He finally said "your a girl" I shook my head knowing were this was going to go. "Yeah well spotted." She replied sarcastically. He started to speak when Snape hit him on the head with a book. I stifled a laugh. "Come on, it's one thing for a bloke to show up on his own, but for a girl,that's just sad." My jaw dropped at the comment "I wont be going alone becuse believe it or not someone's asked me." She said packing her things in a huff. And giving her book to Snape. "And I said yes" she said before storming out.

Ron looked at me. "dont you fucking dare" I said packing my things to follow Hermione out. "Aw come on y/n till be fun" "one, hell no, and two I already have a date." They looked at me shocked "God please say it's not malfoy" I rolled my eyes. "No it's not" now standing up "then who is it" the ginger asked confused. I walked up and gave Snape my book. "Diggory." I said before following Hermione out.

°•○○○○○○○•°

I was with Pansy and Hermione in Hogsmede shopping for our Yule Ball dresses. We were walking into the dress shop when Pansy stopped me from following the girl in. "Why are we taking a Griffindor shopping with us?" She asked cruely. "Well, her only friends are my brother and Ron, I didnt think there opinion on dresses would be much fun. And come on, she needs some girl friends." I replied. "Dont you dare expect me to become friends with that girl." She snapped. I shook my head as I walked into the shop. Typical Slytherin

I looked around. Merlin there was alot of dresses. "Hello ladies." Said the women behind the counter. "Hi" we all replied in unison. "Let me guess." She smiled "your yule ball dresses" we nodded our heads. She took us over to some seats and took Hermione into another room.

She was in there for about five minutes before coming out in a dress. It was various shades of pink and the bottom of the dress was all layered. "You look amazing" I said before making her turn around in her spot. The next to go in was Pansy. She came out in a Slytherin green one shoulder dress. The front was shorter than the back and she looked stunning.

Now it was my turn. I walked into the circular room. The lady stood there flinging her wand around. She finally decided on a dress. It was a pink dress with a puffy skirt. I looked at it in disgust. I think the lady could tell from my face that I thought it was horrible so she quickly changed it. The next dress she picked out was stunning but a bit to much for the ball. It was slytherin green, off the shoulder dress covered in glitter. It had a long mermaid skirt with a long train at the back. As much as I loved it I asked to see another.

The next one was my favourite. It was a plain black velvet dress with a low cut neckline and spaghetti straps. It only slightly reached the floor. I fell in love with it. I walked out of the room and into the main shop. I looked at the girls. There jaws dropped at the sight of me in the dress. "Malfoys gonna love it!" Pansy stated. She shut her mouth quickly realising what she just said. My were now wide staring at her in disbelief.

"Its okay." Hermione said. "I had an inkling that you two were a thing but I didnt say anything." "Please, please,please dont tell my brother!" I begged "your secrets safe with me y/n" she replied. "Thankyou Hermione." "So are you going with him?" She asked. I shook my head "I'm going with Cedric" "wow!" "Wait who are you going with?" Pansy asked "Viktor Krum" the brown haired girl replied shyly "holy shit really!" Pansy shrieked as I walked back into the changing room to got changed.

I hope you guys like this chapter! The dress at the top is how I envisioned it by the way
If it's not your type of thing you can always change it. The next chapter is the yule ball and I cant wait to write it!
~ Emily xxx