Chapter Thirty-Eight

~Day 3 of 20~

____________
Since the incident with Alfie and that 'woman' (She's more like a barbie girl) Alfie has called me over 50 times. I did feel bad, having to press the red phone every time 'Alfalfa💘💞' came up on the screen.

I asked Zoe if he had tried to talk to her, but it turns out he hadn't even texted her. I don't know why.

I'm still trying to work out who she was and why she was there with him. I needed to know. And I needed to know now.

Although Zoe told me specifically not to call him or text him until things were sorted out a little bit more, I did. I just had to.

I scrolled down my contacts to 'Alfalfa💘💞' and clicked on it. I hadn't been on his contact for ages. Seeing the stupid selfie we took together on my birthday made me feel quite sad actually. I really missed having him around.

I plucked up the courage and clicked call. It rung twice before he picked up.

"Peppa? Peppa? Is that you?" It was great to hear his voice again, even though it sounded stressed.

"Yes, it's me." I tell him.

"Peppa, there are so many things I need to explain."

"Clearly." I say. I know it was rude, but in a way I was pretty angry with him.

"It wasn't what it looked like at the restaurant, okay? I promise you. I would never even step out of the house with someone like that!" He yells down the line.

"But why did you then?" I question.

"It was for a TV show." He tells me.

"What? A TV show? What one?" I ask.

"It's called 'would you ever?' where they pair up two completely different people and send them in a date." Alfie explains.

"So it was what it looked like, wasn't it?" I say.

"No, Peps, please. I needed the money." Alfie says.

"The money?! What are you some sort of homeless man? Alfie, you have a lot of money, I know that. Why do you need more?!"

"I don't have a lot of money though, that's the problem. I've stopped YouTube now, so barely get anything from it."

I had no clue what to say next, so I just hung up. I gasped as I pressed 'end call' and then chucked myself onto my bed, and sobbed quietly.

__________
QOTD: do you have any questions for me?

AOTD: nope 😂