Chapter Fifty-Three

~Day 18 of 20~
___________
The next days at school were really hard. Somehow everyone had found out about the arresting incident. People were dodging me and staring. I hated it.

Lunches and breaks were the worst. I had to sit with people whispering. It was horrible. At least my friends stood behind me.

When we were sitting in an awkward silence at break one day, someone I had never seen before walked into the cafeteria.

She had long, pitch black hair that reached halfway down her back. It was slightly wavy and really glossy and soft looking. Her eyes were the greenest I had ever seen and really wide.

All three of my friends gasped loudly as she strutted into the cafe.

"What?" I ask.

"It's Charlie." They all whisper. "Charlie Binns."

I look at her enter the library.

"Is she new?" I say.

"I hope not!" Annika exclaims.

"Why?" I was so confused.

"Everyone knows Charlie Binns. She was well, that girl, of Oakwood High. Even people from other counties knows her. She's all over Instagram." Alyssa explains, eyeing her up.

"She doesn't look too bad." I shrug.

"Yeah, she doesn't look to bad Peppa." Ashlyn raises her eyebrows.

"Never judge a book by its cover." I point out.

They all raise their eyebrows. "We're not judging. We're knowing."

______
AOTD: (activity of the day) complete this song by commenting one line at a time. I'll start:

Happy Little Pill; Troye Sivan:

In the crowd, alone.

ILY