Chapter Fourty-Two

~Day 7 of 20~

_______________

The summer holidays were coming to an end, and normally I would actually look forward to going back (until the first day is over and then I want the summer back again). I haven't seen my friends in months, what with living with Joe and Casper for most of the holidays bar two weeks!

But this year I wasn't. I'd be year 9! Crazy year where everything starts to get really serious and important. Also, I was dreading the remarks I was going to get about the TV incident. I'm sure it will get talked about.

Alfie has contacted me a few times since the show was aired, apologising over and over again . Nothing would cure my embarrassment.

But the thing I was most worried about was Connor. He'd be in his first year of 6th form and I hadn't spoken to him since the 'date'. Plus, no one knows about, you know, 'us'. To be honest, I wasn't really sure if there was an 'us'. He hadn't asked me anything yet or even spoken about it. It's funny how you can go from speaking to someone most days to not speaking to them at all.

·

It was the Sunday before school started and I was packing my leather backpack with folders, books and stationary. Setting my alarm and going down to say goodnight to Zoe was when I started getting much more panicky.

"Night Zo." I pecked her on the cheek.

"Whats stressing you?" Zone asks.

"Are you some sort of mind reader?!" I laugh.

"No, but I can tell you're stressed. Whats up?" Zoe chuckles.

"Just that I'm starting school and its year 9 and the whole TV incident and the fact that Connors going to be there and..." I say really quickly.

"Wow, wow, Peppa, slow down. Everything will be fine. Why don't you speak to head of year tomorrow? She's bound to help." Zoe soothes. "Goodnight darling." Zoe kisses my forehead and I trudge upstairs and fall fast asleep within only a few minutes.

__________

I feel quite emotional writing this because I'm sending Peppa off to Year 9 and I feel like a proud mum watching their child grow up, do you know what I mean? Aha

If you're not sure about the English school system just comment and I'll explain.

QOTD: how old are you?

AOTD: 13 x