Chapter Fourty-Nine

~Day 14 of 20~
___________
The next thing I know is that I'm in hospital, attached to a machine that's beeping. I look around to see no one else in with me. However, Zoe suddenly bursts through the door, eyes wide.

"Peppa!" She flings her arms around me. "You're okay!" She starts crying heavily.

"Zoe, I'm fine." I laugh quietly at her.

"I know, I know, I was just so worried!" She cried some more.

"You don't need to be, I'm fine!" I rubbed my eyes. "What happened?"

"You fainted, darling. You then hit your head so hard on the floor, they needed to bring you in." Zoe tells me. "Do you know why you fainted?"

Just then, I remembered: the text.

That trap is set, all that's left is for you to step in it.

That's why I fainted. I was so scared.

"No I don't know." I lie.

"Okay, well, it must be a hormonal thing." She pats me on the knee as nurses pile in, assessing how I was.

A few hours later, I was allowed out of hospital, my mind still wondering about that text. Should I tell Zoe? She has enough on her plate right now though. No, I won't.

I checked my phone to see ten different text messages asking how I was. I replied to all of them that I was fine and out of hospital. I checked the last one; the first one sent. It was an unknown number.

I hope you're okay Peppa. Get better soon and I hope to catch the bus with you again soon, -Lucas x

That's sweet, I think to myself while hopping in the car. I replied back and we drove off home.

_______
Ik I've been slacking recently on quality of chapters, but hopefully they will get better. they're much shorter because I have to do one everyday, but once the 20 days thing is over, the quality and length will return to normal.

QOTD: do you even like my questions of the day?
AOTD: I think they're cool, and we can connect better over them. I just didn't want to be doing them for no reason so thought I'd ask x