Chapter Twenty-Five

This morning I received a text from Connor:

-hey. wanna hang out today? :)

I smiled at his text. He wants to hang out with me! I was quick to reply with:

-sure! sounds like fun! when and where? ;)

He suggested the shopping centre where we could grab a StarBucks and just wander around. I agreed, but I'd probably agree to hang out with Connor any day!

"Zoe!" I race down the stairs to see Zoe watching TV with a glum face.

She's been really different and upset recently, especially after her fall out with Alfie. They do act a little bit awkwardly strange around each other too now.

"What's up?" She looks up at me, smiling slightly.

"Connor just asked if we wanted to hang out! What do I wear? How do I do my hair, what about makeup?" I start panicking.

Zoe laughs and says "C'mon. I'll help you."

She leads me upstairs and into my nearly finished bedroom and over to my wardrobe. She chose out a baby blue top with a knot at the bottom with a white skater skirt. She also added a green oversized coat with a fur hood, my maroon Converse and a black handbag. I had subtle smokey eyes and a pale pink lip.

After loosely curling the ends of my hair, she said "You look beautiful."

"Thank you." I blush just as the doorbell rings. "That will be him!"

Connor's POV:

I rung the doorbell, honestly pretty nervous. I'm counting this as a date, but I'm not sure if Peppa feels the same.

Just as I was about to get lost in my own thoughts, Peppa opened the door. My mouth fell to the floor. She looked stunning.

Her hair was bouncy, soft and shiny and her eyes were so beautiful. Her baby blue top showed off her perfect figure and her famous Converse were on her feet once again. I swear she wears them all the time.

"Err," Peppa laughs "Hello?"

I jump up "Oh, hi."

"You were staring at me." She smiles, leaving the house.

"You just look...lovely." I blush.

She laughs softly "Thanks."

I stuff my hands in my pockets even though it was June and gesture to the bus stop.

It wasn't really like me to ask people to hang out- especially girls! I did it anyway. I really liked Peppa.

It mostly quiet waiting for the bus because there was nothing to talk about. However, when we were on the bus, we talked a lot. Things would pass by, one would say something about it and the other always had a story to tell.

We arrived at the shopping centre and headed straight to StarBucks. We both ordered a normal coffee and sat down and drunk it.

Peppa got stopped by some viewers a few times, but I didn't really mind. She was pretty famous.

Afterwards, we just wandered round, popping into a few different shops and buying a few different things until it was time that Peppa had to go home.

We caught the bus again to our street, and once we arrived, said goodbye.

"I had a great time, thank you." Peppa smiled at me.

"No problem. I had fun too." I pulled her into an awkward hug, and said goodbye one last time before heading home.

We didn't do much today, but it was great hanging out with Peppa. I really think I like her. A lot.