Chapter 4: Walking Home

-After Lunch-

Kirito POV:

It's the first period after lunch, Social Studies, and I'm bored out of my mind. Lunch was eventful and I had a good time talking and meeting everyone until I found out that I wasn't going to be with Asuna next period.

Before we left for our classes I had asked her which was hers and to my dismay, it was English. Apparently, we had two subjects that we weren't together in. That being English which was my first period and Social Studies which was this period.

Apparently, the teacher of this subject, Scheta-sensei, is the homeroom teacher of Asuna's class. "No wonder weren't together." I thought.

There wasn't really anything to do during Social Studies. Scheta-sensei introduced herself, told us to do whatever we wanted except leave the room and nothing more.

I was wondered whether it was like this during for Asuna and the others as well. Fortunately, I had one person to talk to while I was here, that being Eiji.

We had been talking for a while but eventually stopped when we had nothing else to talk about. I was currently sitting in my seat thinking about what was going to happen during next period.

The school bell rang and I quickly rose from seat. I grabbed my bag and quickly left the classroom, tired from doing nothing the entire time, with Eiji following quickly behind me.

Next period was PE which I was thankful for. I wanted to stretch my legs a bit during this period if possible. Eiji and I walked down the hallway to the assigned classroom where we were suppose to head to.

I turned a corner and bumped into someone. She was about to fall but I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her toward me. I looked to see Asuna and she was blushing as I was holding her close.

I quickly let go of her and apologized, "Sorry, I didn't see you." I said, she regained her composure and responded, "No, it's fine. It's not your fault." She said.

I looked behind her and saw Liz and Silica with her. "Is your next period PE?" I asked. Liz nodded and said, "Yeah, we're heading there now. Why don't we all go together?" I nodded and turned to Eiji for an answer.

It seemed like he didn't mind as he shrugged his shoulder and said, "Sure, let's go." I turned back to the girls and we started walking to the classroom.

Once we entered the room there were already multiple students in. Unfortunately, there weren't any seats that allowed all of us to sit next to each other so we had to split up.

Silica and Liz were in the second row. While Asuna and I were in the third and Eiji was in the fourth one behind us. We all sat down and I placed my bag on the floor.

I was somewhat excited by the fact that we were in PE class. I've always been athletic and I exercise at home when I can. I chatted with the others while we waited for the teacher to arrive.

After a couple of minutes of waiting, the teacher finally arrived. He was a young man around his mid-20s, he had curly, red hair and had a reddish-copper tanned body. He wore a sports shirt and necklace with a whistle attached to it.

His arms were developed quite well, specifically his forearms. He crossed his arms as he introduced himself, "I'm Iskahn Amana, I'll be your PE teacher for this school year. Be sure to do your best in my class." He said with a grin.

"Amana? That's the last name of Scheta-sensei, our Social Studies teacher. They must be married then." I thought. Still smiling Iskahn-sensei checked attendance and called our names one by one.