Chapter 40: Valentine's Day

Asuna POV:

I was signing some papers in the student council room when knocking suddenly came from the window. I tilted my head in confusion.

It must've been my imagination since we were on the third floor of the school's main building and something like that would be impossible. I returned my attention back to my duties when I heard the knocking once again.

I'm definitely not imagining it!

I thought as I rose from my seat and walked to the window. I tried looking around without opening it but found nothing and no one, but once I turned around the knocking returned.

I quickly turned around to catch whoever it was but saw nothing once again.

"Uhm, Asuna? What are you doing?" Alice rose from her seat and came over.

I didn't respond as I pushed open the window and looked out to see what was knocking. My eyes widened as I fell backward from seeing the cause of the knocking.

"President? What's wrong?" Shino rose from her seat as well and came over.

I pointed to the window and both of them looked out. Their eyes also widened as I got up from the floor and looked back out. Sitting on top of the tree outside the student council room was Kirito.

He simply smiled upon being discovered and gestured for us to back away so he could climb in. Once he was in, I said:

"What in the world do you think you were doing?! Do you know how dangerous that was?!"

"Yeah? But I'm fine, aren't I?" He said nonchalantly.

I sighed as Shino and I returned to the oval table to attend our duties.

"I can't believe you did that." Alice slapped Kirito in the back of the head.

"Ouch! Come on, it's not like it's the first time I've done that!"

"First or not! You shouldn't worry your girlfriend like that!" Alice huffed and returned to her seat.

Kirito scratched his head in pain as he came over to me. I ignored him for what he did and he smiled from the corner of my eye.

"I'm sorry. I promise not to do it again if it worries you that much." He said.

I pouted and continued to ignore him as he sighed.

"There's a reason why I'm here, you know?" He said, but seeing that I wouldn't turn to him he chose to whisper in my ear. "Aren't we supposed to tell the school about our relationship?"

Hearing him say that, I finally turned to him. "Right, I've been so busy that I nearly forgot about that."

"Mm. So, how will do it?"

"Wait. You're not going to reveal your relationship, are you?" Alice, who overheard us, said.

"Yeah, we are. Why?" I said.

"I don't think that's a good idea. You may be president now but your reputation might crumble if you do."

"You have a point, but that's not gonna stop us."

She sighed and turned to Shino for help, "Aren't you gonna say anything, Shino?"

"It's not my place to say anything. If that is what they wish, I'll support the president." Shino said.

"Fine, but don't come to me if anything bad happens."

"We won't and nothing bad will happen." I said.

Kirito chuckled at our exchange, "So, I had an idea on how we could tell the entire school at once."

"Really? How?" I said.