Chapter 73: Tying Up Loose Ends

Kirito POV:

It's been a week since Shiro kidnapped Asuna. On that day, I mercilessly destroyed Shiro's body. Even for him, it'd take a while to recover.

When the security team arrived with the police, they arrested Shiro and his reapers. The others who were with me had broken a bone or two during their own fight, but nothing that would endanger them.

On the other hand, Asuna was still recovering from the whole ordeal. My assumption that Shiro wouldn't hurt her wasn't far off, that is... He didn't hurt her physically.

Mentally speaking, he had left a scar in her mind that would take some time to heal. Due to that, she's had to stay in the hospital to get psychological treatment.

In the meantime, I decided to wrap up any problems left to ensure she made a safe return. The first of which was Kamura.

I knocked twice on the door of the principal's office before entering. There sat Quinella-sensei, Shikimi, and her father, Kenji Kamura.

Quinella-sensei rose from her seat and walked over to whisper in my ear, "You have 10 minutes. That's all."

She then exited her office as the door shut with a click.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with me." I sat across from Shikimi and her father.

It must've been difficult to convince her father to come here after his loss against me and Kouichirou, but Shikimi delivered nonetheless.

"What do you want?" Kenji cut straight to the chase, displaying his hostility toward me.

"It's about the ten billion yen I gave Shikimi. Do you have it?"

"If you want it back, I don't plan on doing so."

"Don't worry. I just want to confirm something." I urged him to give me the check.

He narrowed his eyes as he reached into his suit pocket and took out the check before handing it over. The contents of the rectangular piece of paper were untouched, at least this meant he didn't try to increase the amount.

I ripped the check into multiple square pieces before disposing of them in the trash can nearby.

"What are you doing?!"

"I'd like to propose a new deal for you." I took out a sheet of paper from my pocket and laid it out on the coffee table between us, "Since you didn't join my side during recent events, I can only assume you had a better deal with Satoru. Worth a lot more than ten billion yen at that."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying I can give you an even better deal. Tell me what he proposed to you and I'll give you something even better."

"How am I supposed to believe you? The Kirigaya family is known to be ruthless to those who betray them."

"If you were dealing with any other member of my family, that'd probably be the case. However, I made a promise to help Shikimi, I intend to keep it."

In addition, having them as an enemy would be bothersome. While I doubted they'd pose a significant threat to me with Satoru and Shiro out of the picture, having one less enemy to worry about was preferable.

"Besides, Satoru's gonna be imprisoned for a long time. Without your benefactor, you're basically fishing in a river with no fish."

I was gonna do everything in my power to ensure Satoru was locked up for a long time. Kenji knew this as well.

"Father, I really think we should take Kazuto's deal. He's not the person you think he is." Shikimi said.

Kenji crossed his arms, leaned into his seat, and closed his eyes to submerge himself in his mind.