Chapter 7: Study Group

-Monday-

-During Lunch-

Kirito POV:

The weekend went by in the blink of an eye and school started again. I was sitting on the second step of the bleachers and was currently eating lunch on the roof with Asuna and the others.

Unlike the first day of school, I haven't forgotten to pack a lunchbox or bring my wallet since then. However, I still ask Asuna for sandwiches every now and then, due to the fact that her sandwiches were one of the few things that neither my family's chef and I could make.

"The Mid-Terms are coming up again, huh?" Liz said to everyone, which caught my interest.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She turned to me and said, "That's right, you're still new here. So you wouldn't know."

"Know? Know what?" I asked, confused.

"Did your homeroom teacher ask you to answer a test this morning?" Silica asked from below me.

Come to think of it, Fanatio-sensei did ask us to take a test first thing in the morning so I answered, "Yeah, but isn't that natural?"

Eiji was the one speak this time, "We always take an assessment test right before they announce the Mid-Terms or The Finals. We think it's because they have to evaluate what we've learned first before placing the questions on the exam."

I nodded, understanding. "So, what are you guys so worried about then?" I asked, "I can tell something's up."

They all looked at one another before Asuna answered, "If you fail even one subject during the Mid-Terms or the Finals, you'll get suspended. Depending on how bad you do, you might even get expelled."

My eyes widened in surprise. I never expected this school to be that strict. Even at my previous school which was prestigious, in and of itself, didn't have this as a punishment. This is troublesome to say the least.

"But you guys can pass right?" I asked.

They all shared a look before Asuna answered, "We're not necessarily the top in all subjects."

"Yeah, there some subjects that we're not really good at." Eiji added.

This becoming even more of a problem than it was originally. If any these guys get suspended or even expelled that would be troubling and I don't want that especially since I got to know them.

"What subjects are you guys bad at?" I asked.

"Mine is Math." Liz said.

"Mine as well." Silica agreed.

"English." Eiji answered before turning to Yuna.

"Social Studies." She said.

"Same with Yuna." Yuuki answered, nodding.

I turned to Asuna for her answer as she said, "I've never been too good at philosophy."

Once they all finished, Eiji turned to me and asked, "What about yours?"

My eyebrows raised slightly at his question, "Uh, well, I don't really have a hard time with any of them." I said.

My answer seemed to be a surprise to them all. They clearly expected me to have a subject I'm bad at.

"Well, aren't you lucky." Liz huffed.

"Come on, don't get so down. You guys passed last year's exams, right? How'd you do that?" I said.