Emily

The official words from Hero's solicitor move around on the pristine white luxury paper in front of my eyes, their little jive across the page mocking me as I crumble to the floor in my hiding spot. The clothes around me gaining their voices only this time they aren't filling my head with imaginary complements instead they chip in with their own opinions on what the dancing words are singing out.

Memories scream out to me as I look between the different items, some from when my friendship with Hero first started and the confidence his attention gave me had me switching up my style from the prim schoolgirl I had been into the daring young woman I was desperate to become with his guidance. Other outfits from our date nights when he was the most romantic guy I have ever known exist and the more sexy pieces I had worn in private just for him and then there is my perfect dress from the day I committed myself to my best friend, the moment when my future without Hero was truly going to start and the day my best friend got to pretend he was getting his dream by marrying me.

That day had been so perfect. I really did think everything was going to a fresh start for me that day. I had hidden my growing bump behind my flowers in the professional photos keeping the most precious secret from social media, and when we had agreed to let our friends and family share their memories with the world, I had begged and pleaded with them all to be careful of the angles they took them from and to allow me my privacy in my need deep down inside me to protect my baby from the big horrible world that I was bringing it into for as long as possible, to protect it from the person who didn't want them to exist and to avoid the judgement I knew would come my way from the people back in my home town if the truth of my single parent status had come out.

Why would he do this?

He didn't want her; his words were very final he had checked out of our relationship long before I found out I was pregnant he was already fooling around with his co-star yet was accusing me of being a slag and the moment he made the choice to not be a parent with me I told him that was it our lives together was taking its final hit and that we would be no more.

So why is he suddenly trying to force himself into my life now that I am over the drama that comes with being his other half.

I snatch my phone from the floor next to me needing answers to my confused thoughts, I try to ignore the sliver of doubt rushing through me, is this why Brandon wanted us to go over old times did he think if we could talk and reminisce then I would change my mind, is that what he really thought would happen or did he think I was weak enough to just give up my new life for my old miserable one just because I remembered a few good moments with the Mboys resident heartbreaker? Either way I need to know what he was thinking the other night and if he knew what was coming from Hero.

Brandon: Did you know Hero was getting a solicitor?

I don't believe my best friend would betray me, but I need to be sure of who I can really trust and confide in.

Hayden: Hero has gone to a solicitor they are saying if I don't do the DNA test, they will take me to court! I really need to know that you will support me right now because I feel so alone.

I know with Hayden by my side telling me that the decisions I make are the right ones that everything will be fine, he supported my choice to cut Hero out in the first place so he will support me with this fight against him being in my life, right?

Lifting myself from the floor wrapping an oversized cardigan around me for comfort my hand clasping my phone like my heart will stop beating if I let it go as the weight of the letter in my other hand has me leaning to one side as I feel like I am dragging the pressure of it all along with me.