Emily

The days I spent with Hero had been different to what I could have ever imagined just a few weeks before he rocked up on my doorstep letting himself back into my world like a firework display on Guy Fawkes night.

When I walked into my living room finding him sat there looking at my things, I had no idea how I was going to get rid of him without him discovering the truth that I had been so desperately trying to keep out of his hands, but with the sparkles in his eyes I knew I was in trouble and my heart instantly went up like a rocket into the sky exploding into a mass of colour.

In the end it all went in the opposite direction than I had expected and turned out perfectly. I had no need to fear him being in my home because instead of being a threat to my happiness and hating me for lying to him about the baby that he so desperately wanted gone, because instead he had shocked me in more ways than I could have ever imagined.

Those days were like a dream, a dream that I had always imagined my life with Hero would be, at least before he had all his own dreams come true and the fuse on our own was lit and sent up into the air with my heart attached.

We spent time talking about what we wanted from our futures as both individuals and as a couple but most importantly we decided what we wanted for our baby and somehow, we managed to break apart again with everything agreed upon and I finally feel like although we are not together right now we will be one day and until then I am going to let him prove himself just like he said he would, and in the mean time I will happily take the rewards of him in my bed when he is back in the country.

"So, you really have sorted everything out?" Natalie seems happy about it as she looks between Kelly and me.

I nod my head a smile on my face "we really did manage to deal with it all without arguing and for now I am happy with the agreements made" I understand their surprise in what I am telling them because I was feeling the same after he left just a few short weeks ago but so far, he has stuck by his word and everything is still running smoothly with our plans continuing to move forward.

I take a glance across the table at Kelly, the confusion in her face is screaming out at us "ok girls call me dumb and all, but he demanded you kill your baby and now you're willing to let him play daddy to it when it arrives" her words stinging as I try desperately to stop them from creating doubts in my head "Em I love you, but I think this is a mistake".

"Kel" Natalie gasps "why would you say such a thing" the innocence is still running through her core like the name of a seaside town through a stick of rock "Emily is going to get her happily ever after; Hero will not let her down not again he promised us all" she sweetly smiles.

"All?" Did he talk to them before he left for LA? I know we were not keeping everything a secret from the people who matter but him promising to not mess things up between us, that means so much to me "did he tell you all everything?" I need to know the truth, what if he told them that we were intimate over those days they will think I am crazy and weak for allowing the sex crazed Hero Fiennes Tiffin back into my knickers.

Natalie happily smiles at me as her head bobs up and down "we saw him in the gardens and he told us he grovelled to you and you agreed to let him step up" Natalie will always see the positives in everything, even when I told her I was done with everything when it came to Hero she still saw the positive in it and has been right behind me pushing me forward on the days that I didn't want to even climb from my bed she turned up at my flat dragging me up and forcing me to push on with my plans for my future.

Kelly scoffs at what I can only assume is Nat's innocence "don't make me vomit" she groans dropping her fork onto her plate causing heads to turn and face us "listen I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth, he has promised us all that he had changed, that he wouldn't do it again over and over but he lives life according to the world of HFT and fuck anyone who gets in his path" I listen stunned by her attitude towards him but instead of responding and getting into a pointless battle with her I remain silent "your silence says a lot you know Em, I know you feel the same as me deep down so why not just admit it and get on with your life because you had it all going so good before he walked back into your life so why don't we forget about he who will screw up again and talk about your future instead because I would really like to keep my sandwich down and the thought of him makes me want to throw it all back up".