Josephine

Heavy knocks connect with the door of my hotel room, I know who is on the other side of the big oak door but nerves and intrigue still rush through me like the first time I met him, only this time its not because of him its all over the changes that have happened since the moment he left LA early because that spiteful cow went into labour ruining my last chance to steal him away.

I pull the door open surprised to see him alone "Hey" I purr but the look of fear settled across his face instantly snaps me out of flirt mode and into worry instead "you ok?" I question as I wave him inside my hotel room.

"Where is Jen and Anna?" He brushes my question off clearly uninterested in having a debrief over whats going through his head right now.

I shrug, letting him know that I don't have a clue where they went after we had breakfast this morning, all they told me was to wait here for him to arrive and then thy disappeared from the restaurant in a puff of smoke.

I take a few steps forward following him further into my suite until he reaches the lounge area "so this party later" a groan leaves his mouth stopping me from finishing that sentence "what's up? are you not happy about it?" I push him, wanting to hear his voice talking to me again like we used to when we first met, it's been so long since we talked instead of just sharing text messages whenever he could be bothered to contact me.

"Its going to be a fucking nightmare" he whines "its Emily's club, and she has no idea that we are on the guest list, the opening night is a charity event meaning the tables were brought out by businesses so there is no link to me being on that list and on top of that it's going to be filled with people from the agency which can only mean trouble and I'm not looking forward to the drama"

Ok so I wanted him to speak but I didn't expect all of that to fall from his mouth in one long rant "oh, so you mean she will be there?" He nods his head and groans "and have you resolved your issues with her yet?" I push a little more, desperate to know if he has finally got her out of his system.

"Its kinda resolved, well its as resolved as its going to be" he shrugs his shoulders as he takes in the view of the city outside "so how you liking my home then?" He asks clearly wanting to change the subject, and I am happy to do just that so I steer away from the subject of her and I begin my basic waffle about how I only arrived yesterday so I haven't had time to explore yet but how I intend to squeeze in as much as possible in the coming few weeks that I'm here before we head out on tour.

"The centre is pretty standard, plenty of tourist things to do if you like that sort of thing" he says with a shrug, like this city could ever be standard.

"This isn't standard Hero, I mean this place has so many buildings and all of them different in structure, its great to be away from all of the basic tall glass buildings over in the states" he chuckles to himself clearly finding my awe for his home city a little entertaining "so you got any free time to show me around while I'm here?" I keep my voice light in the hope that we can rebuild the mess that was left behind in America. Having spent the last nine months listening to Anna and Jen preaching about how I have to play nicely if I want this franchise to work, how we are starting the tour in a matter of weeks now and its our job to convince the fans that we are in love behind the scenes because after all that's what they pay us to do. Ugh it's so exhausting.

"Um I um I'm not sure that's going to be possible" he stutters over his words as I look at him with what I can only assume is a blank expression across my face "its just that" again he struggles to say whatever it is that's preventing him from committing to time alone with me in his home city.

I'm about to remind him of the cat we had in August last year when he promised to introduce me to his world, but I'm interrupted by another bang on the door startling us both and I swear I hear a sigh of relief leave him as he turns his attention back out and onto the city below. I pad towards the door filled with mixed emotions on if I want it to be Anna and Jen to break this awkward moment or a member of the hotel staff so that they can go away again quickly giving me more time to push him for answers on what the hell is wrong with him today.